Hurley Makes MLB Return
SALT LAKE CITY (July 6, 2012) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that the club has recalled right-handed pitcher Eric Hurley from Triple-A Salt Lake. This roster move was made in correspondence to the club's option of right-handed pitcher Garrett Richards to Salt Lake following last night's game.
Hurley, 26, has appeared in 17 games (all starts) for the Bees in 2012, owning a 7-7 record with a 5.38 ERA. He made 16 starts for Triple-A Round Rock in 2011, finishing with an 8-3 record and a 5.55 ERA. The Jacksonville, Fla. native missed the 2009 and 2010 seasons due to injury. Originally selected by the Texas Rangers in the first round of the 2004 Draft, Hurley joined the Angels via free agency on December 23, 2011. His first appearance with the Angels will be his first major league appearance since July 27, 2008 when he was with the Rangers.
Richards, 24, has appeared in seven games (six starts) for the Angels in 2012, owning a 2-1 record with a 4.21 ERA. In 10 games (all starts) for the Bees this season, he owns a 5-2 record with a 4.31 ERA. The Edmond, Okla. native was originally selected by the Angels in the first round of the 2009 Draft.
The Salt Lake Bees continue a five-game homestand tonight against the Tacoma Rainiers at 7:05 p.m. with a fireworks show following the game. 2012 Bees ticket packages are still available. For more information, call (801) 325-BASE or visit slbees.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 6, 2012
- Sounds Blank Redbirds, 2-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Matt Kemp Returns to Isotopes Park this Weekend - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 'Topes' First Youth Baseball Clinic Set for Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Hurley Makes MLB Return - Salt Lake Bees
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Albuquerque Isotopes - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Four Isotopes to Take Part in New Mexico Fire Relief - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sands Smashes Walk-Off Homer in 10-9 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cats Drop Wild Extra-Inning Affair in Fresno, 9-8 - Sacramento River Cats
- Las Vegas wins over Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Express Squander Late Lead at Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- Sox Shut Down One Day After 19-Run Explosion in 5-1 Loss - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Salt Lake rolls to 9-5 win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.