Houser on DL
MONTGOMERY -- The Montgomery Biscuits announced that starting pitcher James Houser, Jr., has been placed on the disabled list retroactive to April 24. Houser recently underwent surgery to remove his wisdom teeth. The 22-year-old lefthander from Sarasota, Florida, had posted a 1-0 record with a 3.80 earned run average in four starts.
The Biscuits fill the roster void by activating pitcher Evan Meek from the disabled list. Meek suffered a concussion from a ricocheting foul ball while sitting in the dugout on April 14. He has a record of 0-0 with a 1.42 ERA in four relief appearances.
Southern League Stories from April 27, 2007
- Smokies Defeat The Carolina Mudcats 4-2 At Smokies Park On Friday Night - Carolina Mudcats
- BayBears End Three Game Skid - Mobile BayBears
- Biscuits Put A Dozen On The Plate In 12-5 Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Gonzalez Impressive In Pitching Barons Past Stars - Huntsville Stars
- Walker, Cortes Both Drive In Two Runs - Tennessee Smokies
- Biscuits Take Series Opener From Suns - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Houser on DL - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies Add Petrick To Roster - Tennessee Smokies
- Brad Nelson Promoted to AA Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Pitching Staff Shuffle for Stars - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.