Holt Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week
Binghamton righty Brad Holt was named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week today for the week ending July 19th. Holt notched wins in both of his starts last week at New Britain July 13 and against Erie July 18 at NYSEG Stadium. For the week, he went 2-0 with a 1.32 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 13.2 innings.
The 22-year old pitcher is 2-3 with a 5.02 ERA over 28.2 innings with the B-Mets since his promotion from High-A St. Lucie June 3. Eastern League hitters are batting just .216 against the hurler. He took the Florida State League by storm in the first two months of the season going 4-1 with a 3.05 ERA in 9 starts. He was named to the Florida State League Mid-Season All-Star Team, but did not participate in the game due to his promotion to AA.
Holt, a native of Albemarle, North Carolina, was chosen 33rd overall in the 2008 draft by the Mets out of UNC-Wilmington and promptly made an impact with Brooklyn (SS-A), New York's New York-Penn League affiliate. He led the league in ERA (1.87), strikeouts (96) and batting average against (.171) over the course of 14 starts.
Entering 2009, he was rated as the top right-handed starter in the Mets organization and the No.4 overall prospect on the farm by Baseball America.
His next start is slated for July 23 against Connecticut in the finale of Binghamton's season-long, eight-game home stand. He will be pitted against San Francisco Giants farmhand RHP Tim Alderson, who is considered the fourth-best prospect in the Giants organization according to Baseball America.
It is the second such honor for a Binghamton pitcher this season. Right-hander Dylan Owen was named Pitcher of the Week for the week ending July 5th.
Eastern League Stories from July 20, 2009
- 'Wolves move to second place with 6-2 win - Erie SeaWolves
- Cats walk off with 5-4 win over Trenton - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators walk over Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- New Hampshire stuns Trenton 5-4 in extras - Trenton Thunder
- Erie downs Aeros again, win 6-2 - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators offer state employees discount tickets - Harrisburg Senators
- Explosive second inning leads B-Mets to 11-5 win - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland blasts Cats in opener, 19-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Fall 11-5 - Connecticut Defenders
- Portland Pounds Rock Cats, 19-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Curve take opener 8-2 over Reading - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats make four transactions - New Britain Rock Cats
- John Ely Wins Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Senators Player Moves - Harrisburg Senators
- Buck Night Tonight! - Erie SeaWolves
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Two Tickets for the Price of One! - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Celebration of Negro Leagues Night Next Monday, July 27 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Holt Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Eastern League Names Players of the Week - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.