Hawks Fall 5-1 in Prince George in Game 2 Sunday; Series Tied at 1-1
The Portland Winterhawks fell 5-1 to the Prince George Cougars in Game 2 of the first-round playoff series at CN Centre Sunday. With Portland's win on Friday night in Game 1, the series is now split at 1-1 heading back to Portland for Games 3 and 4.
Forward Cody Glass registered the Hawks' lone goal in the loss, adding an assist for captain Keegan Iverson. Both Glass and Iverson now have a goal and an assist in the two games so far against Prince George.
The Hawks will now return to Portland for Game 3 which will be played on Wednesday at 7 pm in Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- 1st @ 15:57 - Brad Morrison (Schoettler, O'Brien) opens the scoring for Prince George. (PG 1 - POR 0)
- 2nd @ 8:32 - Aaron Boyd (Wishnowski) gives the Cougars a 2-0 lead. (PG 2 - POR 0)
- 2nd @ 18:35 - Prince George's Boyd (Curtis, Guhle) nets his second of the night for a 3-0 advantage. (PG 3 - POR 0)
- 3rd @ 0:22 - Shane Collins scores 22 seconds into the third period to extend Prince George's lead to 4-0. (PG 4 - POR 0)
- 3rd @ 0:57 - (PP) Radovan Bondra (Gabrielle, Guhle) makes it 5-0 on the power play. Shane Farkas replaces Cole Kehler in the Portland net. (PG 5 - POR 0)
- 3rd @ 12:53 - (PP) Cody Glass (Iverson, Blichfeld) gets the Hawks on the board with a power play goal but it wasn't enough as the Cougars skate away with the 5-1 win. (PG 5 - POR 1)
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 1/4
- PG: 1/4
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 41
- PG: 36
- POR: Cole Kehler made 19 saves on 24 Prince George shots. Shane Farkas stopped all 12 shots he faced from the Cougars in relief.
- PG: Ty Edmonds made 40 saves on 41 Portland shots.
Western Hockey League Stories from March 27, 2017
- Media Release -- WHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- Hawks Fall 5-1 in Prince George in Game 2 Sunday; Series Tied at 1-1 - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.