Guenin Recalled by Anaheim; Admirals Release Two
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks, NHL parent club of the AHL's Norfolk Admirals, have recalled defenseman Nate Guenin from the Admirals. In addition, the Admirals have released defensemen Kyle Bushee and Sacha Guimond from their Professional Tryout Contracts (PTOs).
Guenin, 6-foot-3, 207 pounds, has appeared in 41 games with the Admirals this season, posting two goals and 12 points with 20 penalty minutes and a +5 plus/minus rating while serving as Norfolk's captain. He is tied for third in games played and is second in scoring among team defensemen. In 416 career AHL games between Norfolk, Syracuse, Springfield, Peoria, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Philadelphia, Guenin has 16 goals and 95 points with 532 penalty minutes.
The 30-year-old from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, has appeared in 32 career NHL games between Anaheim, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, scoring two goals and four points with 14 penalty minutes. He was acquired by the Ducks from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Trevor Smith on January 4, 2011.He signed a two-year deal with Anaheim on June 17, 2011.
Guenin was originally selected in the fourth round (127th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Rangers. He appeared in four seasons of collegiate hockey at The Ohio State University, posting six goals and 53 points in 151 games.
Guimond appeared in one game with the Admirals, going scoreless with a +1 plus/minus rating last Friday after being signed to a PTO earlier in the day. Bushee did not appear in a game with the Admirals after also being signed to a PTO last Friday.
The Admirals continue a four-game road trip against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday at 7:05 p.m. All games can be heard on 102.1-FM, 1490-AM or 1021TheGame.com. You may also watch at AHLLive.com.
The Admirals return to Norfolk Scope Arena on Feb. 22nd and 23rd against the Providence Bruins. Friday, Feb. 22nd is Hall of Fame Night as Brian Martin and Marty Wilford will be inducted into the Admirals Hall of Fame in a pre-game ceremony. Please check norfolkadmirals.com for details.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com.
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2013
- Bruins Fall to Pirates - Providence Bruins
- Lightning Recall Forward Richard Panik From Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Recall Defenseman Josh McFadden from Loan - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Home For Three Games This Weekend - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Guenin Recalled by Anaheim; Admirals Release Two - Norfolk Admirals
- Former Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coach Claude Julien Named 2013 Recipient of PHPA Curt Leichner Award - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dallas Recalls Antoine Roussel from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Sharks Solid as a Rock on Road - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Claude Julien Named 2013 Recipient of the PHPA Curt Leichner Distinguished Member Award - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wear Your Jersey To Work Day Part Of Hockey Weekend Across America - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Take Part In Bart & Nadia Health Festival - Oklahoma City Barons
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks' Road Game At Lake Erie To Be Broadcast On Wber 90.5 Fm - Rochester Americans
- Dax Bobblehead Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Take Two of Three in Week 18 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Matt Anderson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- B's Assign Jamie Tardif To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Allen Returns, Kaprowich to ECHL - Peoria Rivermen
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol from Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Grab Three Points In Exciting Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Colins Agrees to PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- McNeill Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.