Grubauer Sidelined With Illness
The Kingston Frontenacs today announce that starting goaltender Philipp Grubauer has been diagnosed with Mononucleosis.
"He had had flu like symptoms so we sent him for blood work," said Larry Mavety, Director of Hockey Operations and General Manager. "It was determined that Philipp has mono, but the length of time he will be sidelined is undetermined at this time," he added.
The Kingston Frontenacs called up 2009's OHL Priority Selection Nathan Perry, who has attended the last two Frontenacs' training camps, to back up Franky Palazzese.
The Frontenac's play in Peterborough tonight against the Petes, followed by a Friday night match-up with the Brampton Battalion at 7:30. On Family Day Monday, the Front's host the Ottawa 67's in a 2:00 matinee affair. All tickets for this game are $12! Skate with some of The Frontenacs after the game!
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2011
- Spirit Start off Weekend with 4-2 Win Over Colts - Saginaw Spirit
- Graham Scores First OHL Goal in 4-3 Loss to Owen Sound - Niagara IceDogs
- Grubauer Sidelined With Illness - Kingston Frontenacs
- St. Catharines Standard Arena Poll - Niagara IceDogs
- Playoff Tickets Now on Sale - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.