Grizzlies Down Aces, 9-7
FRESNO, Calif.-Ryan Langerhans homered for the fourth time in three starts since joining the Aces, but Fresno used a pair of three-run innings to top Reno for the third-straight night, 9-7, Monday at Chukchansi Park.
Still with a stranglehold on first place in the division, Reno now has lost four-straight games, and the Aces go into action Tuesday night looking to avoid their first series sweep of the season.
For the third-straight night, Fresno had an answer for every Aces offensive effort. Reno scored in five different innings Monday night, but the Grizzlies scored in the home half of four of those frames. The Aces took leads in the first and seventh innings, only to see them erased immediately.
Langerhans continued his torrid stretch since being acquired in a trade with Seattle. He has now homered four times, registered nine RBIs and scored five runs in three starts with the Aces. He finished Monday's game with a two-run homer, two runs scored and three walks.
Also at the plate for Reno, Mark Hallberg singled twice and scored three runs, while Angel Berroa recorded his fifth multi-hit effort in his last six games with a two-hit night.
Gaby Hernandez (4-4) took the loss for the Aces, surrendering eight runs on 10 hits over 6.0 innings of work. Hernandez walked five and struck out four. The win went to Fresno reliever Steve Edlefsen (1-4), who allowed two runs on two hits over 1.2 innings. Mark Kroon picked-up the save.
The Aces and Grizzlies complete the series on Tuesday night at Chukchansi Park. LHP Wade Miley (3-0, 3.86 ERA) gets the nod for Reno, while the Grizzlies will counter with LHP Dan Runzler (1-2, 5.16 ERA). First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT, and all the action can be heard in Northern Nevada on Fox Sports Radio 630 AM, or online at RenoAces.com.
Aces playoff tickets will go on-sale August 8, while tickets for regular season home games are available today at RenoAces.com, the Aces Ballpark box office or by phone at (775) 334-7000. Discounted group tickets for your next event are also available.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 2, 2011
- Redbirds Complete Sweep of Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Omaha Completes Sweep, 13-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Birds Fly Away with Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Finish off Four-Game Sweep of OKC - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Shut out in Finale 7-0 - Round Rock Express
- De La Cruz Dominates Express, Leads Sounds to 5-0 Shutout - Nashville Sounds
- Fien Released, Goebbert Joins OKC - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Anthony Rizzo Named PCL Player of the Week - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers stopped by Las Vegas, 6-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fireworks, Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights Concert Highlight Home Stand - Round Rock Express
- Ninth Inning Heroics Help 'Topes Beat Z's, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Avoid Sweep, Defeat Z's, 6-4 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- Giveaways, Fireworks on Tap for Aces' Eight-Game Homestand - Reno Aces
- 51s Host Oklahoma City & New Orleans for 8 Games from August 3-10 - Las Vegas 51s
- Pill, Christian Guide Grizzlies Past Aces - Fresno Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Down Aces, 9-7 - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Top Las Vegas, 4-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Fall in 11 - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.