Grizz Ink AHL Vet Ed Campbell
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Jason Christie announced today that defenseman Ed Campbell, a veteran of 695 professional games including 465 in the AHL and 177 in the IHL, has signed with the team for the upcoming season. 2006-2007 will mark his first ECHL campaign.
The 1993 draft pick of the New York Rangers, joins the Grizzlies for the first time after making several trips to the E-Center as an opponent of Utah from 1997-2005.
*Ed is another person that Grizzlies fans will remember as having played against us for years here at the E-Center,* said Christie. *He has always been a very difficult customer for his opposition; obviously a player you like to have on your team.*
Campbell has logged AHL time with Binghamton, Hartford, Worcester, Grand Rapids, Providence, Hershey, Milwaukee, Bridgeport and Cleveland. In the former International Hockey League, the 31-year-old played for Orlando and Fort Wayne.
In addition to nearly 700 professional games, the Massachusetts native has also appeared in 61 career playoff games.
Entering his 11th pro season in 2006-2007, Campbell has tallied 172 points (38 goals and 134 assists) and 1487 regular season penalty minutes.
The Grizzlies return to E-Center ice Friday, October 27 welcoming in the Las Vegas Wranglers for a 7:05 p.m. faceoff. Utah opens the upcoming season on the road October 20, when they will pay a visit to downtown Phoenix for a weekend with the RoadRunners.
ECHL Stories from September 6, 2006
- First Chance for Fans to Meet the Newest Wildcatters - Texas Wildcatters
- Two more familiar faces re-sign with Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Limited edition jersey design to be selected by fans - Charlotte Checkers
- NHL Assists ECHL In Adoption Of New Standard Of Rules Enforcement - ECHL
- Bombers announce pre-season schedule - Dayton Bombers
- Titans tickets on sale Saturday, September 16 - Trenton Devils
- Pensacola Ice Pilots holding first annual Charity golf tournament - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Titans sign netminder Martin - Trenton Devils
- Royals' Training Camp 'Two-A-Days' Kick Off On October 6 - Reading Royals
- Grizz Ink AHL Vet Ed Campbell - Utah Grizzlies
- Salmon Kings acquire high-scoring Veteran talent - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.