God Shammgod joins Portland Chinooks
Portland, OR-The Portland Chinooks has announced that God Shammgod will play for the team during the 2007 International Basketball League season. Shammgod will join fellow Chinooks Andre Joseph, and Derrick Breland among others on the Chinooks' 2007 roster.
Shammgod, 6'0", played two seasons at Providence College before declaring himself eligible for the NBA draft. Shammgod was named to the Big East's All-Rookie team as a freshman, and led the Friars to an elite-8 appearance as sophomore.
Shammgod was selected by the Washington Wizards in the second round of the 1998 draft, but left to play overseas the following season during the NBA lockout. Shammgod has played in Poland, Saudi Arabia, and is currently suiting up for the Shanxi Yujun in China.
Portland Chinooks General Manager Terrance Dickens-"Shamm is a tremendous pick up for the Chinooks because he is the type of player that makes everyone on the floor better, and he has a dynamic style that fans will love to watch."
International Basketball League Stories from February 8, 2007
- Phoenix Flame to host tryouts for players, referees - Phoenix Flame
- Racers reach out to local schools with reading program - Elgin Racers
- God Shammgod joins Portland Chinooks - Portland Chinooks
- Jackson's new pro basketball team to play exhibition game - Hub City Hurricanes
- Chinooks add former Viking to 2007 roster - Portland Chinooks
- Chico Force returning to revamped IBL in 2007 - Chico Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.