Goaltender Mac Carruth Assigned to Toledo
(Toledo, OH) - Goaltender Mac Carruth has been assigned to the Toledo Walleye from the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. Toledo has also released nine players from the training camp roster.
Carruth will be making his professional debut this season after completing four years in the Western Hockey League. The 21-year-old goaltender posted a record of 30-7-2 last year with Portland with a 2.06 GAA and .929 SVP. A 7th pick of Chicago in the 2010 NHL Draft, Carruth won 117 games for the Winterhawks over the last four seasons and helped Portland win the WHL title last year. He has a Winterhawks record 30 post season wins. The native of Shorewood, Minnesota, was named last year as a First Team All-Star in the WHL.
Five forwards were released today including: Mike Cervenak, Joey Sides, Dustin Parks, Myles McCauley and Nikita Poliakov. Poliakov, a member of the 2013 Toledo Walleye Free Agent Camp, scored the lone goal in last night's pre-season game at Kalamazoo. Four defensemen were released: Nick DeMarchi, Ryan Wiley, Aaron Schmit and Garrett Clarke. With the moves, Toledo's roster is now at 23 total players with 13 forwards, seven defensemen and three goaltenders.
Toledo Walleye play host to a pre-season hockey game on Saturday, October 12 against the Kalamazoo Wings. Tickets to the games are $5.00 general admission with all proceeds benefitting the Toledo Walleye charitable fund- Walleye Wishing Well.
The 2013-14 season home-opener is October 26 against the Wheeling Nailers. Don't miss a minute of the action. Toledo Walleye single game tickets and game plans are on sale right now. Get yours by calling 419-725-WALL or online at www.toledowalleye.com. The Toledo Walleye play all of their home games at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. You can catch every Walleye hockey game live on Fox Sports radio 1230 and all 36 home games live on BCSN.
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2013
- Blades to Host Orlando for Preseason Pair - Florida Everblades
- Q&A with Solar Bears Goaltender Peter Delmas - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 10 - ECHL
- Kattelus and Polasek Return to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Bulls Kick-Off Preseason at Home against Bakersfield - San Francisco Bulls
- Road Warriors Trim Training Camp Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Goaltender Mac Carruth Assigned to Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Release Four from Training Camp - Reading Royals
- Royals Making Moments & Miracles Hockey Skills Challenge to Include Championship Ring Ceremony - Reading Royals
- Aces roll in wire-to-wire effort behind six different goal scorers - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Fall in Alaska, 6-4 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Team Black Defeats Team White 5-2 in Thunder Scrimmage - Stockton Thunder
- Power Forwards Help Eagles Fly Past Wranglers - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Edge Wranglers 3-2 in First Preseason Game - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.