Giants Win 5-4 in OT over Blazers
KAMLOOPS BC - Evander Kane scored two goals in the third period and one in overtime as the Giants erased a 3-2 deficit to win 5-4 over the Blazers in Kamloops.
Nick Ross and Garry Nunn also scored for the Giants in the victory while Tyson Sexsmith made 25 saves for the win. Kane's three goals give him 39 on the season, just four back of the club record of 43 set by Adam Courchaine.
With the win, Vancouver ties their franchise record with their 49th win of the season. The Giants will try and get to 50 wins on Sunday night as they face the Seattle Thunderbirds in Kent, WA. You can listen to all the WHITE SPOT GIANTS HOCKEY action on AM 650. Dave Sheldon will host the pre game show at 4:30 pm, followed by all of the action at 5 pm with Bill Wilms.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2009
- Giants Win 5-4 in OT over Blazers - Vancouver Giants
- Giants Prevail in OT - Kamloops Blazers
- Blades Defeat Ice 5-3 - Saskatoon Blades
- Tri-City Comeback Stymies 'Tips - Everett Silvertips
- Rockets Blast Past Giants 6-2 - Vancouver Giants
- Americans Serve Up 5-2 Comeback Victory Over 'Tips - Tri-City Americans
- Record Breaking Night For Calgary Hitmen In Win Over Red Deer - Calgary Hitmen
- Pickard Back Stops T-Birds To Win Over Chiefs - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.