Gaudreau, Lindback Help Ads Snap Skid
Milwaukee, WI--Anders Lindback stopped 30 shots in regulation and both Manitoba attempts in the shoot-out to lead the Admirals to a 3-2 victory over the Moose on Tuesday night at Panther Arena.
The win snapped a six-game losing streak for the Admirals overall and four-game skid at home.
Freddy Gaudreau paced the offense with a goal and he also converted on his shoot-out try, while Justin Kirkland also connected in the shoot-out, making him a perfect 5-for-5 on the season.
Playing in his last game before leaving for the Olympics, Bobby Butler got the Admirals on the board 6:40 into the game when Mark Zengerle dug the puck from the behind the net and found him open in the slot for his 21st goal of the year and 200th career AHL point.
Manitoba got the next two with Patrice Cormier scoring just 14 seconds into the second and Buddy Robinson giving the Moose a 2-1 advantage at 8:55.
Gaudreau leveled the score for Milwaukee when his one-timer from the right dot beat Manitoba goalie Eric Comrie over the shoulder.
Neither team found the back of the net in the third period or overtime, setting the stage for the shoot-out victory.
The Admirals begin a three-in-three this weekend when they visit Rockford at 7 pm.
Milwaukee's next home game will be on Saturday night when they host the San Antonio Rampage at 7:30 pm, followed by post-game concert by Rock N' Roll Hall of Famer Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.
Fans can purchase tickets for Saturday, or any Admirals game, at the team's office, located at 510 W. Kilbourn Ave, during the week from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available at the Panther Arena and Milwaukee Theatre Box Office.
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Griffins Bag First-Place Moose Again - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Drop Third Straight in 2-0 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matthew Highmore's Two-Goal Effort Lifts Rockford over San Antonio 3-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Doubled up at Grand Rapids 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Win Special Teams Battle, Beat T-Birds, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Open Home Stand with 4-3 Win over Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Surge Late But Fall to Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Assign Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters, Recall Jeff Zatkoff - Cleveland Monsters
- Canucks Sign and Recall Forward Darren Archibald - Utica Comets
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- RSVP Now for Condors 20th Anniversary Reunion Celebration - Bakersfield Condors
- Pack Pushed to Shootout but Hold on for 5-4 OT Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport storms back with four goals in the third period to earn point on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hogs Hope to Stay Hot on Home Ice as They Host San Antonio - Rockford IceHogs
- Fan Voting Continues as Griff's IceHouse Advances to Semifinals of Lighting Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Desrosiers Returns to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Heat Bounce Back for Road Win in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Face Wolf Pack at 11 a.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Heads Home After 5-1 Loss to Gulls - Iowa Wild
- Gulls Win Fourth Straight - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Fall at Milwaukee - Manitoba Moose
- Gaudreau, Lindback Help Ads Snap Skid - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.