Gannon, Koskinen Depart For Bridgeport
Boise, Idaho - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley announced today that defenseman Jake Gannon has been recalled to Bridgeport and that goaltender Mikko Koskinen has been reassigned by the New York Islanders from the Grizzlies to Bridgeport.
Utah is the ECHL affiliate of the Islanders and their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Gannon played in Tuesday's playoff game against Las Vegas and picked up two assists after returning for one game following over two months in Bridgeport. Koskinen picked up the win in Tuesday's game in goal.
Utah will start Mike Morrison Friday and Saturday in Boise as they open up the second round of the playoffs. The six-foot-three goalie stopped 32 of 34 shots and 23-straight shots from Las Vegas to finish the game in Sunday's 4-2 Utah win as the Grizzlies nodded the first round series at two games apiece. Morrison has played 100 games in the AHL, over 100, including the playoffs in the ECHL and has appeared in the NHL with Edmonton, Phoenix and Ottawa.
Game 1; Friday: Utah at Idaho, 7:10 p.m.
Game 2; Saturday: Utah at Idaho, 7:10 p.m.
Game 3; Tuesday, April 20: Idaho at Utah, 7:05 p.m.
Game 4; Friday, April 23: Idaho at Utah, 7:05 p.m.
Game 5; Saturday, April 24: Idaho at Utah, 7:05 p.m.
Game 6; Tuesday, April 27: Utah at Idaho, 7:10 p.m.
Game 7; Wednesday, April 28: Utah at Idaho, 7:10 p.m.
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2010
- Royals Win Another One-Goal Squeaker Over Florida, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Thiessen Gets Call to Pittsburgh - Wheeling Nailers
- Florida Drops Game Two to Royals, 5-4 - Florida Everblades
- Mayors Ann Johnston, Harvey Hall Wage Civic Bet - Stockton Thunder
- Condorstown Mayor Harvey Hall Issues Challenge With Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Tousignant Reassigned To Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings Strong Recalled To Worcester - Kalamazoo Wings
- Final Jersey Auction Scheduled For Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals To Host Viewing Parties For Games Five And Six, If Necessary - Reading Royals
- Gannon, Koskinen Depart For Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Host Playoff Watch Parties Friday, Saturday From Legends - Utah Grizzlies
- Hershey Recalls Trio From Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Goaltender Ford Recalled To AHL - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.