Game Day Storylines at Colorado
The Steelheads return to the road for a three-game series with the Colorado Eagles, their final regular-season visit to Loveland with the Eagles scheduled to move to the American Hockey League next season. The Steelheads took two of three games during last week's series against the Utah Grizzlies, while the Eagles are in the midst of their first three-game regulation losing streak of the season. The Steelheads will try for their first win at Budweiser Events Center this season after dropping three games in Loveland two weeks ago. Only the Fort Wayne Komets have earned a regulation win in Colorado this season.
Idaho dropped a 5-3 decision to the Grizzlies on Saturday night at CenturyLink Arena, pulling goaltender Ryan Faragher late in the game but coming up short when Henrik Samuelsson was robbed by Sean Maguire in the final two minutes and Brandan Harms hit an empty net for Utah. Steve McParland and Cole Ully both scored for the Steelheads, and Max French scored his first goal for Idaho. The Steelheads hold a three-point lead over the Wichita Thunder for second place in the Mountain Division. They trail Colorado by ten points for the top spot.
Milestone in Reach...
Jefferson Dahl has 196 points in his Steelheads career, just one point shy of Darrell Hay for the third spot on the Steelhead' all-time ECHL scoring list. Dahl could very well move up that list on Wednesday. The captain has two goals and six points in five games against the Eagles this season, as well as 13 multi-point performances overall this season. Dahl's 196 points have come in 219 games. Hay, a defenseman, collected 197 in 320 contests.
Mac on the Mark...
Steve McParland's coast-to-coast goal on Saturday was his team-leading 21st of the season, as well as his fifth goal in the last eight games. McParland has been Idaho's most dangerous scoring threat against the Eagles this season, with six goals and nine points against Colorado in six contests. McParland also has four assists in the past eight games. Cole Ully also comes into the series with a hot hand, scoring goals in three straight games.
Stopping the League-Leader...
Michael Joly remains the ECHL's most prolific goal-scorer this season, netting 34 goals in 37 games this season and currently with eight more goals than the nearest competitor in the ECHL goal-scoring race. Joly has put up strong numbers during the season series with the Steelheads, scoring in all six meetings and totaling seven goals and nine points against Idaho. Joly scored in Colorado's loss on Friday night in Allen, and still has not gone more than two games this season without a goal. Joly has nine multi-goal games this year.
Idaho Leaders Eagles Leaders
Goals: McParland (21) Goals: Joly (34)
Assists: J. Dahl (29) Assists: Register (31)
Points: J. Dahl (47) Points: Joly (49)
Plus/Minus: Sweetman (+15) Plus/Minus: Register/Garbowsky (+27)
Power Play Goals: J. Dahl (8) Power Play Goals: Joly (11)
Goals-Against Average: Desrosiers (2.74) Goals-Against Average: Cannata (2.13)
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2018
- Icemen Top Swamp Rabbits on the Road - Jacksonville Lizard Kings
- Steelheads Ground Eagles in Loveland - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Score Four Unanswered to Top Eagles 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Piccinich Scores, But Solar Bears Drop Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cuddemi Scores Twice in Loss at Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Wings Offense Sizzles in Win over Oilers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Dazzle Late with 3-2 Overtime Winner over Royals on Home Ice - Worcester Railers HC
- No Shortage of Scoring as Wings Top Oilers 9-6 - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong Third Period Leads 'Blades Past Orlando 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- 3-2 OT Loss Nets Reading Sole Possession of Second Place in North - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- Rush Win First Morning Home Game in Team History - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Hall of Fame Defenseman Sam Ftorek Comes out of Retirement, Signs with Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day Storylines at Colorado - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita Continues Road Trip Tonight vs. Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- The Zombies Are Coming - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Has 26 Former Players, Five Officials in 2018 Winter Olympics - ECHL
- Police vs. Fire Quickly Approaching - Wichita Thunder
- Gudbranson Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp to be Held at CenturyLink Arena - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna to Step Down - ECHL
- Preview: Boosted Royals Look to Move 14 Points Ahead of Railers - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.