Galaxy announce local television broadcast schedules
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, January 25, 2013) - The LA Galaxy today announced their complete local television broadcast schedule for the 2013 MLS regular season. Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are the new local TV homes for LA Galaxy games, with Time Warner Cable SportsNet broadcasting a total of 21 regular season Galaxy games and Time Warner Cable Deportes airing 17. Time Warner Cable SportsNet's debut broadcast will come in the SuperClasico against Chivas USA on Sunday, March 17 while Time Warner Cable Deportes will broadcast its first regular season game six days later on Saturday, March 23 against Colorado.
In addition to the games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, the Galaxy will play six games on ESPN or ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes, six games on NBC or the NBC Sports Network and five games in Spanish on Univision or UniMas, including the club's regular season opener against the Chicago Fire on Sunday, March 3. That game kicks off at 2 p.m. from The Home Depot Center and can be seen live exclusively on Univision.
The complete broadcast teams and extensive Galaxy programming schedules for Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will be unveiled next month. Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes can be found on AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Catalina Broadband, Champion Broadband, Charter, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, Hawaiian Telcom, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS systems. To find out on what channel you can watch Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, visit www.twcsportsnet.com or www.twcdeportes.com and enter your information at the top of the page.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2013
- Basic objectives met in preseason opener vs. SKC - New England Revolution
- AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke named 2012 Sports Executive of the Year - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revs open up 2013 preseason schedule with scoreless draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Loan Alvaro Fernandez to Al Rayyan - Chicago Fire
- Corey Ashe, Omar Cummings Undergo Surgery - Houston Dynamo
- Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens aiming for a starting role in 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Defenders Gargan, Harden - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Sign Forward Matt Horth - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Releases Long Tan - D.C. United
- Galaxy announce local television broadcast schedules - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids sign midfielder Nick LaBrocca - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Receives Multiple Club Honors - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United acquires Casey Townsend from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Chivas USA trades forward Casey Townsend - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Defender Martin Bonjour Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Rapids acquire forward Charles Eloundou in MLS lottery - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo, Liberman Broadcasting agree to multiyear broadcast partnership extension - Houston Dynamo
- Individual tickets for first two home games on sale tomorrow at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United signs Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.