Fresno Falcons Weekly
LAST WEEK: Fresno went 2-0-0 last week, winning a pair of home games against Idaho and Stockton. The Falcons are 23-11-5 on the season for 51 points and are in second place of the Pacific Division, 10 points behind Las Vegas.
Friday, January 25 vs. Idaho FALCONS 6 Steelheads 1
Fresno got off to a quick start, taking a 3-0 lead after one period on goals from Tyler Kindle, Luke Curtin, and Kenny Bernard. P.O. Beaulieu extended the lead to 4-0 midway through the second period. Idaho spoiled Jake Moreland's shutout bid 3:49 into the third period, but the Falcons added two more goals after that, as Oren Eizenman and Matt Stefanishion scored to set the final.
Sunday, January 27 vs. Stockton FALCONS 5 Thunder 2
The Falcons extended their home unbeaten streak to six games with a 5-2 win over Stockton on Sunday. A power-play goal from P.O. Beaulieu early in the first period, and a shorthanded goal from Matt Quinn late in the second gave Fresno a 2-0 lead after 40 minutes of play. Oren Eizenman added another power-play tally just over a minute into the third period to extend the lead to 3-0. Stockton got on the board at the three-minute mark off the stick of David Rohlfs, but Fresno answered with goals from Kenny MacAulay and Joe Grimaldi just 27 seconds apart to open a 5-1 lead midway through the period. The Thunder's Pat Bateman added a power-play goal at the 11:21 mark to set the final.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Tuesday, January 29 vs. Phoenix 7:00 p.m.
Fresno hosts Phoenix in the fifth meeting of the season. The Falcons are 3-1-0 against the RoadRunners this season, and 11-4-0 all-time against Phoenix. The RoadRunners enter the week in fifth place of the West Division with an overall record of 15-21-6 for 36 points.
PROMOTIONS: Two-for-Tuesday, presented by Carl's Jr., KMPH Fox 26, and KRZR 103.7. Fans can stop by any area Carl's Jr. and pick up a voucher allowing them to purchase one ticket at regular price and get a second ticket for free. The Falcons will also introduce some of the contestants for the second annual "Melt the Ice" Bikini Contest which takes place on Tuesday, February 5.
Friday, February 1 @ Las Vegas 7:05 p.m.
The Falcons open a home-and-home series against Las Vegas at Orleans Arena. Fresno is 3-0-1 against Las Vegas this season, with the road team winning each of the first four games in overtime. The Wranglers are in first place of the Pacific Division with a 27-8-7 record for 61 points.
Saturday, February 2 vs. Las Vegas 7:30 p.m.
Las Vegas heads to Fresno for the back end of the home-and-home series. This is the Wranglers first trip to Save Mart Center since a 2-1 overtime win on opening night, October 19.
PROMOTIONS: The Falcons host their first-ever "Read at the Rink," presented by Little Caesar's and the Fresno County Bar Association. All fans are encouraged to donate a book to the Central Valley Book Bank, as well as take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about literacy-based organizations in the area. The first 1,500 fans in attendance receive a long-sleeve t-shirt courtesy of Little Caesar's and Alpha Designs of Hanford. Following the game, join the Falcons for a post-game party at Logan's Roadhouse, located at 7507 N. Blackstone Avenue, near River Park.
- Sunday's win was Matt Thomas' 100th win as Fresno's head coach. Thomas is 100-55-28 with the Falcons, and 142-77-36 overall as an ECHL head coach.
- With 549 ECHL points, Luke Curtin is 15th in league history and is just one point behind Rick Kowalsky and Dany Bousquet for 13th. His 364 assists are tied with Bob Woods for seventh in ECHL history.
- Fresno is 16-1-2 when scoring first this season.
- Oren Eizenman has at least one point in five straight games (4g, 6a), and is second among ECHL rookies in goals (23) and is tied for first among first-year players with points (48).
- In his last eight starts, Jake Moreland is 6-1-1 with one shutout, a 2.08 goals-against average, and a .920 save percentage.
- With nine goals this season, P.O. Beaulieu has matched his goal total from his first two seasons combined.
Goals Eizenman 23
Assists Eizenman 25
Points Eizenman 48
+/- Marcoux +18
Penalty Minutes Stefanishion 137
Shots Konkle 132
Power-Play Goals Eizenman 10
Shorthanded Goals Quinn 3
Game-Winning Goals Eizenman 5
Tickets for Falcons home games are available at the Save Mart Center Box Office (9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday) or charge by phone at (559) 485-TIXS. Tickets can also be purchased on-line at www.ticketmaster.com. Discounted group tickets for groups of 20 or more are available by calling the Falcons office at (559) 485-7825.
FALCONS ON THE AIR
All 72 Falcons' regular season games can be heard on 790 ESPN Radio, The Deuce, and on-line at www.fresnofalcons.com with the Voice of the Falcons, Joe Babik. Each broadcast begins 15 minutes prior to face-off with the Port of Subs Pre-Game Show. In addition, all Falcons games are available to watch on a pay-per-view basis in conjunction with B2 Networks. The B2 Networks feed can be accessed through the Falcons' website at www.fresnofalcons.com.
WATCH THE FALCONS ON THE ROAD AT REP'S
Catch all of the Fresno Falcons road action this season at Rep's Sports Bar, located on Blackstone between Ashlan and Dakota. Rep's airs all 36 of the Falcons' away games this season, courtesy of B2 Networks.
FRESNO FALCONS WEEKLY
The Schoettler-Neufeld Tire Falcons' Weekly Show airs this Wednesday from 6:00 until 6:30 p.m. live on 1430 ESPN Radio. This week's show takes place at the second annual Pucks and Pasta Dinner from Pardini's on West Shaw. Fans can phone in their questions at (559) 447-1430, and e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.