Fortier Recalled by Hamilton Bulldogs
Orlando, FL - The Orlando Solar Bears announced today that F Olivier Fortier has been recalled to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Fortier was assigned to the Solar Bears by the Bulldogs on October 12, and has since played in 23 games with Orlando, scoring nine goals and adding 10 assists for 19 points. His nine goals and 19 points are both second on the team. Fortier had back-to-back two-goal games against the Kalamazoo Wings on November 17 and 18, and had a goal and an assist in the Solar Bears 6-2 win over Fort Wayne on Sunday.
The L'Ancienne-Lorette, Quebec, native has played in 106 AHL games over the past three seasons, notching 17 goals and 18 assists for 35 points. He has spent his entire AHL career with Hamilton, and was tied for third among Bulldogs rookies in scoring with 20 points in 2010-11. He was originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the third round, #65 overall, in the 2007 NHL draft.
The Solar Bears placed F Ryan Ginand on the 21-day Injured Reserve earlier this week, retroactive to December 9.
Orlando plays their next five games away from home, returning to the Amway Center for back-to-back contests against the Florida Everblades on Thursday, December 27, and Friday, December 28. Both games begin at 7:00 p.m. Good seats are still available. Visit OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, are in their Out of Hibernation season and play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are now on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2012
- Road Warriors Topple Gladiators 3-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators Winning Streak Snapped, 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At San Francisco Bulls - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Acquire Clackson from Gwinnett for Sinkewich - Alaska Aces
- Bulls Finish Four-Game Home Stand against Stockton - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - December 13 - ECHL
- Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- IceCaps Recall Two More (Kaunisto & Schnell) from Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Trenton Titans Announce December Promotions - Trenton Titans
- Wranglers Pick up Pitt in Trade with Greenville - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Road Warriors Get Collins and Stamler from Wranglers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Costello Ties ECHL Record with Three Shorthanded Goals - ECHL
- ECHL Today - December 13 - ECHL
- Fortier Recalled by Hamilton Bulldogs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beskorowany Blanks Aces, 4-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Hat Trick Hinders Wranglers in 5-3 Eagles Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Costello's Shorthanded Hat Trick Helps Colorado to 5-3 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Steelheads Blank Aces 4-0 - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.