Former Phantom Oskars Bartulis Named To Latvian Olympic Team
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced today that former Phantom, and current Flyers defenseman, Oskars Bartulis has been selected to play for Team Latvia at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Bartulis, 22, started the 2009-10 season with the Phantoms and appeared in 12 games, scoring four points (2 goals, 2 assists) and 14 penalty minutes before being recalled by Philadelphia. Born in Ogre, Latvia, and raised in the capital city of Riga, the 6'2'', 195-pound defenseman made his NHL debut with the Flyers on November 12, 2009 against Ottawa at Wachovia Center. He has since signed a multi-year contract extension and played 24 games for Philadelphia, recording five assists and 12 penalty minutes.
Bartulis has represented his county eight times in his career, playing for Latvia at the U-18 World Junior Championships, the U-20 World Junior Championships and the IIHF World Championships in 2005 and 2009. The Men's Olympic Ice Hockey tournament will run from February 16th to February 28th.
In parts of three seasons with the Phantoms (2007-08 to 2009-10), Bartulis has registered 38 points (5 goals, 33 assists) and 115 penalty minutes in 149 career games. He has also appeared in four Calder Cup Playoff games with the Phantoms. He was originally selected by the Flyers in the third round (91st overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
The Phantoms will complete their four-game road trip down as they travel down the Northway on Wednesday, December 30th for a Time Warner Cable Cup battle with the Albany River Rats at 7:00 pm at the Times Union Center. Adirondack's next home game is on Thursday, December 31st for a special 3:00 pm face off against Albany for Round Six of the Time Warner Cable Cup series at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
There is no better way to watch Phantoms Hockey than by sharing it with a group of your family and friends. Bring a group of 15 or more people to the Glens Falls Civic Center and qualify for incredible discounted ticket prices off the regular box office rates. For more information about group tickets, contact the Phantoms at 518-480-3355 or visit www.phantomshockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 30, 2009
- Rampage Crunch Syracuse With 3-2 Come-From-Behind Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Run Over By Rampage - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Conclude 2009 At Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Glide By Aeros 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Triumph Over Falcons 5-3 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Shut Down Amerks In 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Survive Late Rivermen Push - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Fall From First In Loss To 'Dogs - Rochester Americans
- Matsumoto, Phantoms Trap River Rats 4-2 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Earn First TWCC Win 4-2 - Albany River Rats
- Dallas Assigns Fabian Brunnstrom And Maxime Fortunus To Texas - Texas Stars
- Vishnevskiy Becomes Second Texas Star Selected For All-Star Game - Texas Stars
- Rampage Sign Ryan Weston To PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Labatt Celebrity Bartending Series Begins At Change Of Pace January 4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Voynov Named To AHL All-Star PlanetUSA Team - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Ready To Ring In The New Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Receive Pair Of All-Stars - Providence Bruins
- Jon Matsumoto Selected To AHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Phantoms
- Former Phantom Oskars Bartulis Named To Latvian Olympic Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Santorelli, Sulzer Recalled By Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Ring In The New Year Friday At 6:00 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Defenseman David Phillips Loaned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack's Bobby Sanguinetti Earns AHL All-Star Classic Berth - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage's Sean Sullivan Named To 2010 AHL All-Star Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Shirokov Named To PlanetUSA Team For 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Junland And Eller Named To PlanetUSA All-Star Roster - Peoria Rivermen
- Cullen And Skille Named All-Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Sterling Selected To AHL PlanetUSA All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Khudobin, Noreau To AHL All-Star Game - Houston Aeros
- Gogulla Named To German Olympic Team - Portland Pirates
- Marlies' Forward Christian Hanson Named To PlanetUSA Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Salak Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Dan Fritsche Named To PlanetUSA All-Stars - Syracuse Crunch
- Weber And Gerbe Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars - Portland Pirates
- Aucoin, Carlson And Neuvirth Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Rissmiller Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Rw Brandon Bochenski Named An All-Star Starter - Norfolk Admirals
- 2010 PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Blues Recall Derek Armstrong - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Chris Holt From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Front-Office Additions - AHL
- Amerks Receive De Gray On Loan; Release Schulz - Rochester Americans
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.