Former CT Tiger Shines At MWL All-Star Game
Norwich, CT - Former CT Tiger INF Devon Travis (2-2) was named the Midwest League All-Star Game MVP Tuesday night. The MID East All-Stars defeated the MID West All-Stars before 8,746 in attendance at Fifth Third Field. In his first at bat coming in the fourth inning Travis singled the first hit for the MID East All-Stars. In the fifth inning Travis smacked a shot over the head of RF Bijan Rademacher for a bases clearing triple to take a 3-2 lead.
During an 18 inning marathon on July 18th, 2012 against the Vermont Lake Monsters, Travis hit a walk-off two-run homerun at the stroke of midnight that beat the Lake Monsters 4-3. It was the longest game in CT Tigers history.
Travis is currently a member of the West Michigan Whitecaps from the Class A Midwest League. Travis is batting .350 with six homeruns and 37 RBI's for the Whitecaps.
New York-Penn League Stories from June 19, 2013
- IronBirds Undone By Long ball in 6-2 Defeat - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Erupt for 16 Hits to Down Crosscutters, 8-3 - State College Spikes
- Spinners Start Home Season with a Win, 5-1 - Lowell Spinners
- Scrappers Literally Walk Off for First Win - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- CT Tigers Defeated by the Lowell Spinners - Connecticut Tigers
- Tri-City Complete 3-Game Sweep Of Vermont 8-2 Wednesday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Staten Island Yankees Top Brooklyn 5-2 - Staten Island Yankees
- Spikes vs. Crosscutters - Game Notes - June 19, 2013 - State College Spikes
- Former CT Tiger Shines At MWL All-Star Game - Connecticut Tigers
- IronBirds vs. Renegades - Game Notes - June 19, 2013 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Jamestown Pitching Strong, Jhang homers in Jammers Victory - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.