Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut
ESTERO, FL - The Florida Everblades are proud to announce that former Everblade forward Kenndal McArdle made his National Hockey League debut on December 2 with the Florida Panthers in their 5-3 win at the Washington Capitals.
McArdle is the 15th player to dress both for the Everblades and play a game in the NHL, and is the 373rd former ECHL player to skate in the NHL and the fifth in the past week to make his debut. In his NHL debut McArdle finished with no points and saw a total of 5:26 of ice time as the Panthers extended their unbeaten streak to five (3-0-2) with the win over the Southeast Division leading Capitals.
Prior to his call-up McArdle had played in 22 games with Rochester this season notching 10 points (3g, 7a) and 51 penalty minutes. The 21-year-old finished of the 2007-08 season with the Everblades, playing in six regular season games, scoring four points (3g, 1a) and playing in three Kelly Cup Playoff games.
BEWARE OF THE BITE! Action You Can Sink Your Teeth Into! Individual tickets to all Everblades home games are on sale now! Visit the Germain Arena Box Office M-F from 10-6 to purchase tickets, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com. Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com or call 239-948-PUCK for more information on group ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
The Everblades return to action on Wednesday, December 3 when they travel to Elmira to take on the Jackals from the First Arena at 7:05 p.m.! The Everblades' next home game is Friday, December 12 when they host the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:30 p.m.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2008
- Salmon Kings Fall to Reign - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads Beat Utah in Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Settle For Point In Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall In Tight Battle With Johnstown, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- RoadRunners Outlast Wranglers 6-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bombers Fall 3-1 To Cincinnati On The Road - Dayton Bombers
- Chiefs Power Past Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Second Period Stuns Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win 3-1 to Extend Winning Streak to 5 Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Quiet Jackals 7-2 - Florida Everblades
- Micflikier named ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Warm Up For Thunder Hockey With Cold Crawl - Stockton Thunder
- Hamilton Loaned to Houston - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Reign vs. Victoria Salmon Kings - Ontario Reign
- Patrick Wellar Returned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Condors acquire Pilkington and Pernula - Bakersfield Condors
- Florida's Micflikier Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- McArdle, Smolenak Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 374 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Former Blade McArdle makes NHL debut - Florida Everblades
- Abbott and Zucker to Participate in Principal for a Day Program - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Weekend Double Header Starts Friday - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers Announce Schedule Change - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers Edged By Falcons - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Shutout Wranglers, 1-0 - Fresno Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.