Flash Race Past Strikers
HIDALGO, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley used six first half goals to defeat the Texas Strikers by a score 12-3 Sunday evening at State Farm Arena.
A hat-trick from Erick Flores; braces from Jorge Quiroz and Juan Jalomo paved the victory for the Flash while securing third place of the Central Division of the PASL
Damian Garcia scored the opening goal with less than two minutes into the game, which gave the Flash an early 1-0.
Texas responded with a goal by Chris Meyer, which was assisted by Tony Vega four minutes later and made it a one all game.
Then the Flash responded with three unanswered goals, which made it 4-1 at that point. Texas added a consolation goal early in the second period to cut the deficit at 4-2.
Juan Gamboa had an occupied afternoon with 10 saves, earning the win that is the second of the season.
The next home match for the Flash is on Friday night February 1 when they host Real Phoenix at State Farm Arena with the kick-off at 7:30 pm.
RGV Flash season and individual tickets are on sale at the State Farm Arena box office or by calling the front office at (956) 843-6688.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from January 27, 2013
- Detroit Waza Flo Advance To Open Cup Finals - Waza Flo
- The Streak Is Over: Dallas beats San Diego 6-5 in OT to snap 48-game winning streak - San Diego Sockers
- Sidekicks Snap San Diego's Record 48-Game Win Streak - Dallas Sidekicks
- Flash Race Past Strikers - Rio Grande Valley Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.