Fisher Cats Ball Park Construction begins
Manchester, NH- Construction of the future home of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, the AA Eastern League Affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, is now underway. The team broke ground on the downtown Manchester location on May 7th. Payton Construction has been on site performing minor excavation work in preparation for the larger movement coming this Tuesday, May 25th. Payton Construction will begin to mobilize and fence off parts of the South Commercial Street parcel and begin more visible work during the remaining portions of the week.
The Fisher Cats will begin the 2005 season in the new ball park. The Eastern League scheduling format alternates when a team opens at home to begin the season. The Fisher Cats opened their inaugural season on the road in 2004 which means the club will tentatively open the 2005 campaign at home along the banks of the Merrimack River.
The Fisher Cats are currently on the road in Binghamton, NY and will return home on Monday, May 24 to begin a stretch where they play 13 home games in 17 days at Historic Gill Stadium.
Eastern League Stories from May 21, 2004
- Binghamton Rallies Past Fisher Cats for 7-5 Victory - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve at Akron, Postponed by Rain - Akron RubberDucks
- Tonight's Game Postponed Due to Rain - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves update - Erie SeaWolves
- Martinez gets call to the Majors - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve "Off The Tracks" TV Show - Altoona Curve
- Reid returned to Nashville - Altoona Curve
- Aeros Dynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Mascot Band to play for Phanatic Sunday - Reading Fightin Phils
- Fisher Cats Ball Park Construction begins - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Akron Series Preview - Altoona Curve
- Canal Park Hosts Education Days - Akron RubberDucks
- Manriquez Sent to Savannah - Harrisburg Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.