January 8, 2013 - Eastern League (EL) - Reading Fightin Phils
(Reading, Pa.)---On Saturday, Jan. 26, the Reading Fightin Phils will host the team's 2013 Job Fair at FirstEnergy Stadium starting at 8:00 a.m. The Fightins are seeking individuals for part-time, game day roles as concession stand employees, grounds crew, vendors, ticket takers, and more for the upcoming season.
"Our game day staff has been extremely integral to our success over the years as the top family destination in Eastern Pennsylvania," said Fightin Phils General Manager Scott Hunsicker. "A handful of our front office staff started their professional sports careers as game day employees in Baseballtown and I'm sure they would all say that it's the best way to place to work during the summer months."
Prospective employees should be expected to work both weeknights and weekends during the 2013 season from April to late August. Minimum age and compensation vary by position. Those interested are highly recommended to download an application from the website and complete it upon arriving to FirstEnergy Stadium on Jan. 26.
The following positions will be open at the 2013 Job Fair:
- Concessions-The Food Service Department is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and reliable individuals to be part of the Fightin Phils family and continue to serve our most loyal fans in Baseballtown.
- Grounds Crew-The Grounds Crew Department will work under 2012 Double-A Field Manager of the Year Dan "Dirt" Douglas and be involved in all aspects of caring for a professional baseball field.
- In-Game Clean Team-Seeking responsible, dependable, and determined individuals will be responsible for maintaining FirstEnergy Stadium during games, sweeping up debris, handling trash duties, and make sure America's Classic Ballpark is the cleanest in the nation.
- Â-In-Game Bathroom Maintainer-Responsible men and women needed to sweep all bathroom floors, filling hand towels, and other bathroom essentials. Serves as the assistant to clean team manager.
- Morning/Post-Game Clean-Up-Enthusiastic team players needed for preparing the stadium for games and events. Must be available mornings and availability at night after games is desired, but not mandatory.
- Usher-Searching for energetic people with great personalities who are interested in assisting with seating, helping fans in need, and aiding security over 71 home games.
- Security Ambassador-Exciting, energetic personnel who are not afraid to interact with fans and oversee safety at FirstEnergy Stadium. Security officers are the gateway to FirstEnergy Stadium and often greet and direct people as well as control access and watching over the ballpark.
- Diamond Girls-Seeking well-spoken, enthusiastic individuals that can interact with fans of all ages, but especially with children. Responsibilities include handing out giveaway items at the gates, escorting mascots around the stadium, ticket counting, and being a host of the picnic areas.
- Phunland Employees-Seeking individuals who are great with kids and enthusiastic with great personalities. Responsibilities include running various areas of the Phunland area (Ring Toss, Speed Pitch, Mini-Golf, Inflatable Slide, Hi-Striker). There is a high interaction with children.
- Ticket Takers-Looking for great personalities that can welcome fans into FirstEnergy Stadium and Baseballtown with a smile. Responsibilities include greeting fans, checking tickets as well as counting tickets.
Potential employees will meet with the head of their respective departments at the job fair while becoming acquainted with the Reading Fightin Phils and America's Classic Ballpark.
The 2013 Job Fair will feature free coffee and hot dogs for all applicants and a one-time only 20% discount on all items in the Mitchell & Ness Fightins Team Store from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for employees, potential employees, and their families. After noon, the team store will be open to the general public.
January 26 will also be the first date that Fightin Phils fans will be able to purchase brand-new Nike and '47 Brand gear in addition to the Fightin Phils pinstriped replica jerseys from Wilson Sporting Goods.
For additional information about the 2013 Job Fair, contact the Fightin Phils Front Office at 610-370-BALL to speak with a team representative.