FC Dallas Defender George John Undergoes Minor Ankle Procedure
FRISCO, Texas (Thursday, December 6, 2012) - FC Dallas defender George John had minor arthroscopic surgery this afternoon to remove bone spurs from his left ankle. Recovery time from the procedure is estimated at 4-6 weeks and will not affect the 2013 preseason for the defender.
Dr. Keith Heier, affiliated with Texas Health Ben Hogan Sports Medicine, performed the surgery at the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery.
John has appeared in 95 MLS games for FC Dallas since 2009, scoring four goals and tallying one assist in regular-season action. He finished the 2012 season with 1,756 minutes played, missing 11 matches because of injury.
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2012
- Timbers Re-Sign Three, Exercise Options on Eight Players - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Josué Martinez and Allocation Money - New York Red Bulls
- Union Re-Acquires Forward Sebastien LeToux - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas Defender George John Undergoes Minor Ankle Procedure - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Indianapolis to Host 2013 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas on January 17 - MLS
- Chicago Fire Re-Sign Defender Gonzalo Segares - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Captain Pablo Mastroeni to Return in 2013 - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Announce 2013 Preseason Plans - Toronto FC
- BBVA Compass Stadium Earns LEED(r) Silver Certification - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.