Faragher Signs Tryout Agreement with AHL Stockton
Boise, ID (2/13/18) - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced two roster moves on Tuesday afternoon. Steelheads goaltender Ryan Faragher will be signed to a professional tryout agreement (PTO) with the American Hockey League's Stockton Heat. The Steelheads claimed goaltender Carmine Guerriero off waivers from the Brampton Beast.
Faragher, 27, becomes the sixth Steelhead this season under ECHL contract to sign a tryout agreement with an AHL club. Henrik Samuelsson signed a PTO with AHL Rockford on Sunday, and Brady Brassart (Utica), Tommy Thompson (Texas), Justin Parizek (San Jose), and Joe Faust (Utica) have all played AHL games on tryout agreements this season.
The Fort Frances, Ontario native has appeared in 20 games with Idaho this season, posting a record of 10-7-1 with two shutouts, along with a 2.77 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage. Faragher has won four of his last five starts for the Steelheads.
This is Faragher's first call to the AHL this season. Faragher played 20 games in the AHL while a member of the Anaheim Ducks organization, playing in 15 games for AHL Norfolk in 2014-15 and in five games for AHL San Diego in 2015-16. He is 6-12-1 in his AHL career.
Guerriero, 25, was claimed on Tuesday. The Montreal, Quebec native has appeared in five games with Brampton and South Carolina during his rookie season, posting an 0-1-2 record with a 2.56 goals-against average and a .895 save percentage. Guerriero played four seasons of Division I college hockey with the University of Alabama-Huntsville from 2013 to 2017.
The Steelheads host the Colorado Eagles on Wednesday night at CenturyLink Arena for the first of three games in downtown Boise. Idaho swept a three-game series against the Eagles in Colorado last week. For tickets, contact the Steelheads Front Office at 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
Images from this story
Idaho Steelheads Goaltender Ryan Faragher
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2018
- Wichita Snaps Losing Skid in Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Third Comeback Falls Short against Thunder - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Driedger Stands Tall as Beast Defeat Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Mayhem for the Swamp Rabbits as Gladiators Cruise to 5-0 Road Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Faragher Signs Tryout Agreement with AHL Stockton - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Mallards, Doland Jewelers Host Wedding on Ice Friday - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Acquire G Branden Komm from Manchester for Rights to D Adam Comrie - Reading Royals
- Kulbakov Recalled to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Hughes, Simonelli Get AHL Calls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komet Garrett Thompson ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Thompson Named Sher-Wood Hockey/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville and Atlanta Set for Battle in the Upstate - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Swap Forwards with Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colton White Reassigned to Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Recalled to Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Championship Hall of Fame Weekend Set - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ouellette Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Add Former Div. III National Champ Piacentini - Norfolk Admirals
- Danforth Heads Back to Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Atlanta Trades for Skirving, Signs Two from Macon - Atlanta Gladiators
- Defenseman Anthony Calabrese Acquired from Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.