Falcons Game Postponed Due to Unsafe Ice Conditions
FRESNO, Calif. - The game between the Fresno Falcons and Bakersfield Condors tonight was postponed due to unsafe ice conditions at Save Mart Center. The game will be made-up on a date to be determined.
With the game still scoreless, Falcons defenseman Cory Murphy suffered a severe left leg injury 6:36 into the first period. After a lengthy delay during which the arena maintenance crew made attempts to improve the ice condition, the referee, in consultation with the ECHL league office and both head coaches, deemed the playing surface unfit to continue and the game was postponed.
Murphy was taken to St. Agnes Medical Center, where it was determined he suffered a broken fibula and dislocated ankle.
Beginning Monday, Feb. 27, at 9:30 a.m., fans that attended tonight's game may redeem their ticket stubs at Save Mart Center's box office for free admission to the Falcons' next home game on Tuesday, Feb. 28, against the Las Vegas Wranglers. They will also receive a voucher good for the make-up date, which will be announced soon.
Ticket refunds for tonight's game will be made available as of Wednesday, March 1, at 9:30 a.m. at the original point-of-purchase.
For more information regarding the ticket exchange at Save Mart Center's box office or ticket refunds, please contact the Falcons offices at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
Fresno's next game is against the Condors in Bakersfield at Rabobank Arena on Monday, Feb. 27, at 7 p.m. The game can be heard live on 1550 Sporting News Radio beginning at 6:45 p.m. with the FutureTek Pre-game Show. Fans may also view the game online courtesy of B2 Networks, which can be accessed via the Falcons home page at www.fresnofalcons.com.
The Falcons then return home on Tuesday to battle the Las Vegas Wranglers at Save Mart Center at 7 p.m. The team will be wearing Mardi Gras jerseys, which will be auctioned off following the game with a portion of the proceeds to benefit Hinds Hospice. The game is also a Carl's Jr. Two-for-Tuesday, with two-for-one coupons available at participating Carl's Jr. locations.
Individual tickets for Tuesday's game against Las Vegas are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office with prices ranging from $8 - $22. For complete ticket information and an arena map of Save Mart Center, visit www.fresnofalcons.com/singletickets.html, or contact the Falcons front office directly at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from February 25, 2006
- Steelheads Let Lead Slip Away Before Falling To Wranglers, 2-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Long Beach Steals 4-3 Win Over RoadRunners - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Royals Drop Another Shootout To Storm, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Chiefs Intense Rally Nets Winner - Johnstown Chiefs
- Everblades see four-game winning streak snapped after falling 4-2 to Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators beat Everblades, 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Lynx streak halted at five - Augusta Lynx
- Gulls Blank Roadrunners 3-0 - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- John Longo Activated Off Injured Reserve - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Huge Crowd Expected At ipayOne Center - San Diego Gulls
- Royals Win Another Shutout Squeaker Over Dayton, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Alaska nips Victoria, 3-2 in OT - Alaska Aces
- Condors-Falcons Game Postponed - Bakersfield Condors
- Ice Dogs Fall To Grizzlies, 3-0 - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Ace up the sleeve - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons Game Postponed Due to Unsafe Ice Conditions - Fresno Falcons
- Grizzlies Shutout Long Beach 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.