Falcons Announce Roster Moves
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced on Monday that defenseman Cody Goloubef has been recalled by their NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Falcons also revealed that they have recalled defenseman Patrick Cullity from the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads.
Goloubef scored in each of Springfield's victories over Syracuse on Friday and Connecticut on Saturday this past weekend and has 10 points (4g-6a) in 21 games with a +9 rating in 2012-2013. A third-year pro, Goloubef has played in one NHL contest in his career, going scoreless and posting a +1 rating in 6:00 of ice time for the Blue Jackets on Mar. 31, 2012 in St. Louis.
Goloubef has skated his entire AHL career with the Falcons, accumulating 39 points (10g-29a) in 119 outings. He set career highs in his rookie campaign of 2010-2011 in goals (5), assists (12), and points (17).
A native of Oakville, Ontario, Goloubef was selected by Columbus in the second round (37th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He is in the final season of a three-year NHL entry level contract with the Blue Jackets.
Cullity has skated in six games this season with the Falcons and is scoreless with a -1 rating. He has played in 27 contests this year with Idaho, garnering eight points (2g-3a) with an even rating.
A third-year pro, Cullity played the majority of the 2011-2012 campaign with the Falcons, posting his first-ever AHL goal and adding eight assists for nine points while checking in at +1 in 44 contests. Cullity also participated in five games with the Abbotsford Heat and in 20 outings with the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies last year, notching one assist each with the two clubs.
In his rookie season of 2010-2011, Cullity saw action in 71 of 72 games with the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays, scoring two goals and adding 15 assists for 17 points, tying for second among the club's defensemen in scoring, and sharing the team lead at +14.
Cullity, a product of Tewksbury, Mass. commenced his professional career with Syracuse at the end of the 2009-2010 campaign, playing in five games with the Crunch. He is under a one-year AHL contract with Springfield.
Eastern Conference-leading Springfield is back in action next Friday, Feb. 8, as the Falcons welcome the Albany Devils to The Nest at 7:00 p.m., presented by Mohawk Communications. Fans in attendance have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday."
The Falcons close out next weekend on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 3:00 p.m. when they host the Portland Pirates. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free Falcons baseball hat, courtesy of the University of New Haven.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2013
- Preview vs Rochester Americans - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Kick off Rodeo Road Trip with 5-2 Win over Houston - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Hit the Road for Six Straight - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Recall J.T. Miller and Brandon Mashinter from Whale, Assign Benn Ferriero - Connecticut Whale
- Sabres Recall Defenseman Adam Pardy from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- B's Recall Ryan Spooner From Providence On Emergency Basis - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Announce Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- Pompea To Hold Press Conference - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Raise a Glass with the Wolves at Ram Brewery in Schaumburg - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros Add Two More - Houston Aeros
- Minnesota Wild Trade Nick Palmieri - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Recall Jacob Lagace from Bakersfield - Rochester Americans
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Rangers Acquire Forwards Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri - Connecticut Whale
- Dallas Returns Benn & Nilstorp to Texas - Texas Stars
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Raise $42,000 on Pink in the Rink Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Slumping Hogs Slip in Lone Star State - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Mrazek Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Grand Rapids' Petr Mrazek Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Rampage Recall from Loan Forward Garrett Wilson - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- "Ex" Factor Invades War Memorial on February 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks' Road Game on February 5 to be Broadcast on WBER 90.5 FM - Rochester Americans
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Charlie Coyle, Defenseman Jared Spurgeon Placed on IR - Houston Aeros
- Mrazek and Tatar to Detroit, McCollum to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Strong Start To February - Hershey Bears
- Senators Recall Forward Stephane Da Costa from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Release 2012-13 Hockey Card Set - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.