Express Withdraw from ECHL
Hoffman Estates, IL - The Chicago Express have announced today that they are withdrawing from the ECHL, effectively ending the Chicago Express organization immediately.
"Although the Chicago Express are ceasing operations, on behalf of the staff and players, I would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for all the support we received from the Village of Hoffman Estates, Global Spectrum, our business and community partners, our corporate sponsors, and especially, our fans," said team owner Craig Drecktrah. "I would also like to thank our ECHL partners, and wish good luck to those teams participating in the 2012 Kelly Cup Playoffs."
Vouchers for Chicago Express Youth Jerseys can continue to be redeemed at the Sears Centre Arena Box Office. Please make sure to have your voucher with you upon jersey redemption. The vouchers expire on June 1, 2012, and after that date receipt of the jersey can no longer be guaranteed.
The team competed in its first season this year, collecting a record of 34-26-8-4 for 80 points. They finished tied for eighth in the Eastern Conference playoffs, but were beaten out for the final playoff position by the Reading Royals due to Reading owning the tie-breaker. All press inquiries should be directed to email@example.com, or call 224-220-1333.
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2012
- Stingrays Defeat Gladiators in Second-Longest Game in ECHL History - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Fall in 4 OT to South Carolina 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stockton Sweeps Series, 3-0, with 4-2 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Fall in Game Three in Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Eliminated By Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Goals Lift Jackals Past Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Kalamazoo Takes a Two Games to One Lead in the Series with a 5-1 Victory over Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Take 2-1 Series Lead with 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Aliu Becomes Second Player in Club History to Reach NHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers' "Goals for Kids" Program Nets $10,000 Donation to YMCA - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Carrozzi Reassigned to Reign Playoff Roster - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder (#5) at Colorado Eagles (#4) - Stockton Thunder
- 2012-13 Road Warriors Season Ticket Packages Unveiled - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Surpasses 3-Million Fans for 19th Consecutive Season - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Colorado's Costello Named CCM ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Kings To Play Ducks In 2012 Preseason Game In Ontario Citizens Business Bank Arena - Ontario Reign
- Forney to Return to Eagles Lineup in Time for Game 3 Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Jeff Prough Loaned To Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - April 6, 2012 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Chicago Express Cease Operations - ECHL
- Thunder Reassigned Defenseman Ryan Lowery - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aliu Becomes 490th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Express Withdraw from ECHL - Chicago Express
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays and Gladiators Meet in Game Three Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 6 - ECHL
- Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies, Advance to Second Round of Playoffs - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Season Ends in Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.