Express Add Rob Nolan
Hoffman Estates, IL - The Chicago Express, proud member of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced today that they have agreed to terms with goaltender Rob Nolan.
Nolan, 25, comes to Chicago following an award-packed season in 2010-11 with the Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League (CHL). The 6-0, 170 pound net-minder appeared in 44 games with the Mavericks, posting a 26-13-5 record along with a 2.07 GAA and .928 save percentage. He was recognized as the Most Outstanding Goaltender in the CHL, was named to the All-CHL Team, and also played in the CHL All-Star Game.
Nolan began his professional career with the Flint Generals of the International Hockey League (IHL) in 2009-10. He ended the season with a .912 save percentage and 2.89 GAA along with a 19-22-4 record. Before turning pro, the Sherwood Park, Alberta, native spent four seasons with Michigan Tech (NCAA), including turning in a .910 save percentage in 2006-07.
"It's great to get a young, hungry goalie that has had success at the professional level," said Head Coach Steve Martinson. "Our goaltending will be rock solid."
The Chicago Express will open up the home portion of their schedule on Saturday, October 22nd versus the Kalamazoo Wings with a 7:30 p.m. face-off at the Sears Centre Arena. This inaugural game is sure to be a must have ticket, so make sure you have your ticket for this once in a lifetime game!
Opening Night for the inaugural season is just 32 days away! Season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets for the upcoming 2011-2012 season are on sale now. For more information about tickets, give the Chicago Express office a call at 224-220-1333 or visit www.chicagoexpresshockey.com.
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2011
- Hockey Is Returning to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Set Training Camp Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Express Add Rob Nolan - Chicago Express
- Gladiators Sign Affiliation Agreement with NHL Buffalo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Announce 2011-12 Game Night Promotion Schedule - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Fischer Returns for Second Season with Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Popularity of Toledo Walleye Continues to Grow - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Conclude Affiliation With Islanders And Sound Tigers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Road Warriors Re-Sign Bowers and Connolly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Name Jeff Maxwell Equipment Manager - Utah Grizzlies
- Four More Aboard for Upcoming Season - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Announce 2011-12 Promotional Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Single Game Tickets on Sale Starting September 24th at 10 a.m. - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.