Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways
Estero, FL: The Road Warriors had their eight game unbeaten streak come to an end as Florida knocked off Greenville by a 6-2 score.
Matthew Pistilli broke the scoring open just 3:42 into the game. A Jyri Niemi penalty found the Road Warriors a man down which lead to Pistilli's 14th of the year.
The second period began with a bang. Three minutes in, the Everblades had a five on three powerplay and converted on both opportunities for a 3-0 lead. Matt Marquardt scored his 13th and 14th of the year with shots that beat Nathan Lieuwen glove side. Just 18 seconds later, Joride Johnston responded for Greenville. He banked in a rebound shot from Danny Hobbs to bring the game to a 3-1 score. However, just 25 seconds later, Leigh Salters scored for Florida which eventually led to a melee. The initial scramble was separated after the goal but was drawn out to center ice during the line changes. Mathieu Roy received a double minor for roughing and a game misconduct for leaving the bench. Johnston scored his second of the game on the man advantage and 12th of the year. Greenville closed the gap again and the Everblades lead 4-2. With just one minute left in the second period, Brayden Irwin deflected in an Alex Hutchings pass to put Florida up 5-2.
The Road Warriors had many opportunities late in the second period and during the third. Everblades' goaltender Pat Nagle rejected the offensive threat that Greenville created. Halfway through the third, Corey Trivino scored his sixth of the year to seal the 6-2 victory for Florida. Lieuwen stopped 21 shots and took the loss ending his four game win streak. Nagle won his tenth game of the year stopping 35 shots and earned the second star of the game.
The Road Warriors travel to Orlando on Wednesday and Friday nights. Both games begin at 7 p.m. and can be heard via America One or by clicking the listen live link on the Road Warriors homepage.
On February 18th the Road Warriors will be hosting a President's Day matinee at 1 p.m. Tickets in the Select Red and Value Green level will be available for only $6! In addition kid's meals are available for only $5. For more information, visit greenvilleroadwarriors.com!
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.