Everblades Shutout Jackals 2-0 in Game 4
ESTERO, FL - Pat Nagle made 24 saves to lead the Everblades to a 2-0 shutout victory over the Elmira Jackals in Game Four Wednesday night at Germain Arena. The win gives Florida a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
After a scoreless first period, the Everblades wasted little time getting on the board in the second. After a shot by David Rutherford, Brayden Irwin picked up the rebound behind the goal, and from his stomach he sent the puck in the slot to Scott Pitt. Pitt saw the shooting lane and fired a wrist shot that got past Elmira goalie Brian Stewart to give Florida 1-0 lead, as lead in which Florida took into the second intermission. Pitt's goal was his first career postseason goal.
The Blades got off to a fast start in the third and scored with just over a minute into the period. The goal came when Booby Raymond received a pass at the top of the right side circle and fired a wrist shot that went high into the net to give Florida a 2-0 lead.
Florida was outshot 11-4 in the third, but Pat Nagle stopped all of the shots thrown his way to seal the 2-0 shutout victory for Florida. Stewart played well despite the loss stopping 24 of 2 shots faced in the game.
The Everblades now have a chance to close out the series at home on Friday in Game Five at Germain Arena. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. Tickets for Game 5 (Playoff Game E) may be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet, or the Capital Bank Box Office at Germain Arena. The Capital Bank Box Office is open Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fans may also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com
Playoff ticket packages are also on sale, to purchase, or more information regarding playoff ticket packages call 239-948-7825
The following is a complete schedule of the best-of-seven series (Florida leads series 3-1).
Game 1 - Fri. Apr. 13, Florida -1 at Elmira - 3
Game 2 - Sat. Apr. 14, Florida - 5 at Elmira - 0
Game 3 - Mon. Apr. 16, Elmira - 4 at Florida - 5 (OT)
Game 4 - at, Wed. Apr. 18, Elmira - 0 at Florida - 2
Game 5 - at Florida, Fri. Apr. 20, 7:30 p.m.
Game 6 - in Elmira, Mon, Apr. 23, 7:05 p.m.**
Game 7 - in Elmira, Wed. Apr. 25, 7:05 p.m.**
ECHL Stories from April 18, 2012
- Everblades Shutout Jackals 2-0 in Game 4 - Florida Everblades
- Jackals Shut out by Everblades in Game 4 - Elmira Jackals
- K-Wings Shutout Stingrays - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Shutout Stingrays in Game Three - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bruton, Shields Re-Assigned to Aces - Alaska Aces
- Watch Aces Playoff Games on GCI Cable - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - April 18 - ECHL
- Wranglers up 2-0 in Western Conference Semifinals Series - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Everblades Receive Shugg from Charlotte; Sign Goaltender Venti to ATO - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder (#5) Vs. Alaska Aces (#1) - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Season Review Pt. II: Condors Eclipse $4.3 Million Mark - Bakersfield Condors
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Return to Coliseum for Game Three Against Wings - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira at Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - April 18 - ECHL
- Wranglers Take Game Two with 3-2 Overtime Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers Edge Steelheads in Overtime - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.