Eskimos Re-Sign O'Neill
Edmonton - The Edmonton Eskimos have signed national kicker Hugh O'Neill through the 2018 season.
O'Neill spent the 2017 season as a member of the Green and Gold where he appeared in 13 games and converted 9 - 13 field goals and 8 - 10 PATs. O'Neill also had 73 punts for 3291 yards and 62 kickoffs for 3608 yards, four singles, and two tackles. In two playoff games, O'Neill recorded 12 punts for 559 yards and one single, as well as, 11 kickoffs for 655 yards.
O'Neill has appeared in 31 career games for the Eskimos, Tiger-Cats, and Lions where he has converted 47 - 65 field goals, punted 157 times for 6923 yards, and had 73 kickoffs for 4263 yards.
Hugh O'Neill: Kicker (national), Born: 1990-01-20 - Edmonton, AB, College: Alberta, Height: 6.02, Weight: 185 lbs.
About the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club: The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club is the most successful franchise of the Canadian Football League modern era. Founded in 1949, the team, known for their Green and Gold colours, are 14-time Grey Cup champions, including the historic five-in-a-row from 1978 to 1982. Through our unwavering commitment to integrity, accessibility and passion, the Edmonton Eskimos deliver a sports and entertainment experience worthy of the City of Champions. As a community-owned team, we strive to make a positive and meaningful impact in the community and are committed to the development of amateur football across Northern Alberta.
Canadian Football League Stories from January 17, 2018
- Eskimos Re-Sign O'Neill - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Add International Db Caleb Ham and Re-Sign Rb Ben Malena - Toronto Argonauts
- BC Lions Retain T.J. Lee with 2018 Deal - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Sign Hill - Edmonton Eskimos
- Bruce Campbell Suspended Two Games for Violating Drug Policy - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Bruce Campbell Suspended for Violating CFL/CFLpa Drug Policy - CFL
- RedBlacks Sign Ed Eilnicki - Ottawa RedBlacks
- RedBlacks Re-Sign William Powell - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.