June 29, 2010 - Eastern League (EL) - Erie SeaWolves
ERIE SEAWOLVES (31-46, 6th PLACE WEST, 18.5 GB) vs. BOWIE BAYSOX (41-36, 2nd PLACE WEST, 8.5 GB)
LHP RAMON GARCIA (0-4, 5.45 ERA) VS. RHP CHORYE SPOONE (6-5, 3.36 ERA)
TUESDAY, JUNE 29 * 7:05 P.M.* RADIO COVERAGE: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, WWW.SEAWOLVES.COM
PRINCE GEORGE'S STADIUM * GAME #78 * ROAD GAME #42 * NIGHT GAME #56
ENTERING TONIGHT'S ACTION...
Tonight, the SeaWolves take on the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) in the middle game of a three-game series at Prince Geroge's Stadium. Last night, the 'Wolves lost the completion of a suspended game 10-9 and dropped the regularly scheduled game 3-2 in extra innings as the Baysox plated the winning run on an error. The 'Wolves have now lost seven consecutive games and they look to avoid their fourth eight-game losing skid of the season. Four of Erie's last five losses have been by one run and the club is now 5-14 in one-run games...Three SeaWolves were selected today to the 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game in Harrisburg. RHP Zach Simons (2nd
consecutive appearance) RHP Brooks Brown (1st appearance with DET, 3rd ASG) and OF Andy Dirks (1st selection) will be representing the 'Wolves.
Dirks and Brown were fan selections...Lefty Ramon Garcia takes the mound for the 'Wolves making his 13th appearance and fifth start. Garcia is winless in his previous four starts. In his most recent against Trenton, the southpaw allowed five runs on six hits with no walks and six strikeouts in a season-high six innings of work...Righy Chorye Spoone takes the mound for Bowie. Spoone is making his 16th start and third against the SeaWolves. He is winless in his previous two starts against the Howlers.
TODAY'S NOTABLES -
- Erie leads the season series over Bowie 9-5. The SeaWolves and Baysox meet 23 times in 2010.
- Defensively, the 'Wolves have committed 90 errors on the season which is the most in the league. Bowie has committed the second-most errors in the league with 84.
- The SeaWolves are seventh in the league with a 4.35 team ERA. The Baysox rank third with a 3.59 team ERA.
- The SeaWolves are last in the league with a .238 team batting average.
Bowie is tied for sixth with a .256 team average.
- Erie has connected on 84 home runs which leads the league.
- The SeaWolves are tied with New Hampshire for the league lead with 78 stolen bases.
- The 'Wolves are a three games under .500 on the road at 19-22.
- Andy Dirks leads all league outfielders with 14 assists.
- Erie is 5-20 in June.
- Andy Dirks is third in the league with 84 hits.
- Erie went winless at home the month of June (0-12)
- Erie's bullpen has allowed 25 runs on 29 hits in the last six games.
- Audy Ciriaco was placed on the Erie disabled list, retroactive to 6/25 with wrist
soreness. INF Bryan Pounds has been called up from Class-A Lakeland. Pounds played in 41 games with the Flying Tigers and hit .265 with a home run and 18 RBI.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE AND STARTERS
WEDNESDAY at BOWIE - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
LHP Duane Below (3-7, 4.65 ERA) vs. LHP Zach Britton (7-3, 2.48 ERA)
THURSDAY at RICHMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
LHP Charlie Furbush (0-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. LHP Clayton Tanner (4-5, 3.46 ERA)
FRIDAY at RICHMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
RHP Thad Weber (4-8, 4.11 ERA) vs. TBA
SATURDAY at RICMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
RHP Brooks Brown (5-5, 4.70 ERA) vs. RHP Felix Romero (1-1, 4.