Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox...Game Two of Three...Game Notes
ERIE SEAWOLVES (31-46, 6th PLACE WEST, 18.5 GB) vs. BOWIE BAYSOX (41-36, 2nd PLACE WEST, 8.5 GB)
LHP RAMON GARCIA (0-4, 5.45 ERA) VS. RHP CHORYE SPOONE (6-5, 3.36 ERA)
TUESDAY, JUNE 29 * 7:05 P.M.* RADIO COVERAGE: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, WWW.SEAWOLVES.COM
PRINCE GEORGE'S STADIUM * GAME #78 * ROAD GAME #42 * NIGHT GAME #56
ENTERING TONIGHT'S ACTION...
Tonight, the SeaWolves take on the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) in the middle game of a three-game series at Prince Geroge's Stadium. Last night, the 'Wolves lost the completion of a suspended game 10-9 and dropped the regularly scheduled game 3-2 in extra innings as the Baysox plated the winning run on an error. The 'Wolves have now lost seven consecutive games and they look to avoid their fourth eight-game losing skid of the season. Four of Erie's last five losses have been by one run and the club is now 5-14 in one-run games...Three SeaWolves were selected today to the 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game in Harrisburg. RHP Zach Simons (2nd
consecutive appearance) RHP Brooks Brown (1st appearance with DET, 3rd ASG) and OF Andy Dirks (1st selection) will be representing the 'Wolves.
Dirks and Brown were fan selections...Lefty Ramon Garcia takes the mound for the 'Wolves making his 13th appearance and fifth start. Garcia is winless in his previous four starts. In his most recent against Trenton, the southpaw allowed five runs on six hits with no walks and six strikeouts in a season-high six innings of work...Righy Chorye Spoone takes the mound for Bowie. Spoone is making his 16th start and third against the SeaWolves. He is winless in his previous two starts against the Howlers.
TODAY'S NOTABLES -
- Erie leads the season series over Bowie 9-5. The SeaWolves and Baysox meet 23 times in 2010.
- Defensively, the 'Wolves have committed 90 errors on the season which is the most in the league. Bowie has committed the second-most errors in the league with 84.
- The SeaWolves are seventh in the league with a 4.35 team ERA. The Baysox rank third with a 3.59 team ERA.
- The SeaWolves are last in the league with a .238 team batting average.
Bowie is tied for sixth with a .256 team average.
- Erie has connected on 84 home runs which leads the league.
- The SeaWolves are tied with New Hampshire for the league lead with 78 stolen bases.
- The 'Wolves are a three games under .500 on the road at 19-22.
- Andy Dirks leads all league outfielders with 14 assists.
- Erie is 5-20 in June.
- Andy Dirks is third in the league with 84 hits.
- Erie went winless at home the month of June (0-12)
- Erie's bullpen has allowed 25 runs on 29 hits in the last six games.
- Audy Ciriaco was placed on the Erie disabled list, retroactive to 6/25 with wrist
soreness. INF Bryan Pounds has been called up from Class-A Lakeland. Pounds played in 41 games with the Flying Tigers and hit .265 with a home run and 18 RBI.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE AND STARTERS
WEDNESDAY at BOWIE - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
LHP Duane Below (3-7, 4.65 ERA) vs. LHP Zach Britton (7-3, 2.48 ERA)
THURSDAY at RICHMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
LHP Charlie Furbush (0-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. LHP Clayton Tanner (4-5, 3.46 ERA)
FRIDAY at RICHMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
RHP Thad Weber (4-8, 4.11 ERA) vs. TBA
SATURDAY at RICMOND - 7:05 FIRST PITCH
RHP Brooks Brown (5-5, 4.70 ERA) vs. RHP Felix Romero (1-1, 4.
Eastern League Stories from June 29, 2010
- Pie Too Hot For SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Popham Solid in Debut as Aeros Win 4-3 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Take Third Straight over Erie by a Run - Erie SeaWolves
- Back-To-Back Home Runs Highlight Fisher Cats' 5-4 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Reyes Slams B-Mets to Sixth Straight Win, 9-5 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Split Doubleheader on Tuesday - Trenton Thunder
- Two Streaks End as Aeros Outlast Squirrels, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton Uses Big Inning to Roll over Curve, 9-5 - Altoona Curve
- Senators Top Sea Dogs, 8-4 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Double Up Sea Dogs - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats Rally to Take Nightcap - New Britain Rock Cats
- Three Rock Cats Selected For Eastern League's 2010 All-Star Game - New Britain Rock Cats
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox...Game Two of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Announcing Amnesty Night - New Britain Rock Cats
- Four Baysox Named to All-Star Team - Bowie Baysox
- Three SeaWolves Selected to 2010 EL All-Star Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Send Four to Eastern League All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Three Aeros Selected to EL All-Star Game - Akron RubberDucks
- Five Curve Players Headed to Harrisburg for E.L. All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Franchise-Record Six Fisher Cats Named EL All-Stars - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Announce Player Moves - Bowie Baysox
- Three Sea Dogs Bound for 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Four Thunder Players Selected to EL All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- 2010 Eastern League All-Star Rosters Announced - EL
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Pitchers Move, Mills Activated - Akron RubberDucks
- Pitchers Province And Allen On The Move - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels to Honor Arthur Ashe, Virginia Heroes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Sweep Twi-night Doubleheader - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.