Eppley Named to Triple-A All-Star Game
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Round Rock Express relief pitcher Cody Eppley has been added to the Pacific Coast League roster for next week's Triple-A All-Star game, the league office announced Saturday. Eppley replaces Chris Davis on the PCL roster. Davis has been hampered with a sore groin, missing three of Round Rock's last four games including tonight's game against Memphis.
Eppley is 3-1 with a 2.51 ERA and has converted all seven save opportunities. He has logged 28.2 innings over 23 appearances with 31 strikeouts against 18 walks, holding opponents to a .215 average. Eppley also made 10 relief outings with the Texas Rangers, going 1-1 with an 8.00 ERA. Six of the eight runs he allowed with the Rangers came in one appearance; he posted a 2.08 ERA in the other nine outings.
The Triple-A All-Star game is Wednesday, July 13, at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City, Utah. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. CDT. The game will be broadcast live on the MLB Network.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 9, 2011
- Sampson Stays Perfect as Z's Top I-Cubs 4-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- I-Cubs Losing Streak Reaches Six - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Announce Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Eppley Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Round Rock Express
- Chicago Cubs Release Augie Ojeda - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Sky Sox Postponed Game from July 3rd to Be Made Up on Tuesday, July 19th - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Leonys Martin Assigned to Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Tucson gets past Fresno - Tucson Padres
- Three-Run Lead Vanishes in 4-3 Loss - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Slip Past Aces, 3-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.