Energy Backcourt Dominates in 104-92 Win over Erie
DES MOINES, IA, Dec 9, 2012- Point guard Chris Wrights scored 31 points and dished out 9 assists while shooting guard Justin Hurtt poured in 30 points as the Iowa Energy downed the Erie BayHawks 104-92 Sunday afternoon.
Iowa, coming off a lopsided loss to Texas on Friday, fell behind 26-19 after the first quarter, but rallied to cut the gap to 44-42 at half.
Hurtt, making his first start of the season, scored all 30 of his points in the second half as the Energy used a 37-22 outburst in the 3rd quarter to take a commanding lead. The 6'5" guard out of Tulsa make nine of 14 shots from the field include four of seven three-pointers. He also made all eight of his free throw attempts.
Wright, a 6'1" guard out of Georgetown, was forced to play all 48 minutes after Mustapha Farrakhan suffered a minor injury early in the game.
Center Ben Strong added 11 points and 14 rebounds while Nick Murphy added 12 points and 10 rebounds on the night.
D.J. Kennedy led Erie with 19 points and 11 rebounds while forward Henry Sims finished with a matching stat-line of 19 points and 11 reobunds while adding two blocked shots. Erie falls to 2-4 on the year.
Iowa travels to Erie for a rematch on Friday night. The next Energy home games are Friday, December 28th and Saturday, December 29th. Tickets for those game are available at www.IowaNBA.com.
NBA Development League Stories from December 9, 2012
- Energy Backcourt Dominates in 104-92 Win over Erie - Iowa Energy
- Second-Half Rally Fuels Tulsa Win - Tulsa 66ers
- Red Claws Continue Winning Ways With 103-90 Victory Over Canton - Maine Red Claws
- Canton Outlasted by Maine, 103-90 - Canton Charge
- Trail Blazers Recall Will Barton and Victor Claver from Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Reggie Jackson Recalled from Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Adrien Called up by Bobcats - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Rio Grande Valley's Jeff Adrien Signs with Charlotte - D-League
- D-Fenders Stumble at Home against Warriors - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Bighorns Stop Jam for Second-Straight Win - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Sweep Los Angeles D-Fenders on the Road - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Hand Skyforce First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.