Emmerson Signed to AHL Contract
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, in conjunction with their National Hockey League affiliate the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that they have signed forward Riley Emmerson to a standard American Hockey League contract.
The 6-foot-8, 248-pound native of Vancouver, British Columbia will be entering his fourth season of professional hockey after splitting last year between the ECHL's Florida Everblades and AHL's Rochester Americans. Emmerson made his AHL debut with the Americans last year collecting 107 penalty minutes in 42 games.
Emmerson started his pro career with the ECHL's Texas Wildcatters collecting four goals and three assists for seven points and 241 penalty minutes in 93 games from 2006-2008. He was originally drafted by the Minnesota Wild in the seventh round (199th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from September 2, 2009
- Emmerson Signed to AHL Contract - Springfield Falcons
- IceHogs Announce 2009 Training Camp Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Flyers Open Training Camp on Saturday, September 12th - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Announce Norfolk Admirals Golf Shootout 2009 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning/Admirals Exhibition Game Tickets Now On Sale - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning and Admirals to Square Off In Exhibition Game at Scope - Norfolk Admirals
- A New Set of Simulus Package Winners Inside - Albany Devils
- Texas Stars Sign Right Wing Landon Wilson As First Player In Team History - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.