Elmira Jackals Announce Roster Moves
ELMIRA, N.Y. - February 8, 2013 - The Elmira Jackals announced today that four roster moves have been made prior to the team's game tonight at First Arena against the Kalamazoo Wings.
Goaltender Marc Cheverie has been loaned to the Jackals by their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. The third year pro was winless in one appearance for Binghamton after being called up on January 12. He is 10-9-1 for the Jackals this season with a pair of shutouts, and won his last two starts with the Jackals on January 6 and 11.
In a related transaction the Jackals have placed goaltender Ian Keserich on reserve. Signed by the Jackals on January 14, Keserich has gone 3-1-0 with the Jackals. The sixth year pro out of Parma, Ohio is back in the ECHL for the first time since going 13-14-2 with the Johnstown Chiefs in 2008-09. He spent the last three seasons in the Central Hockey League building a 52-60-6 record.
Additionally, defenseman Kyle Bushee has been loaned to the Norfolk Admirals. It is Bushee's second call up to Norfolk, third overall to the AHL this season. It comes three days, and one game, after returning to Elmira from the Binghamton Senators. Bushee is tied with Jordon Southorn for the most points among Jackals defensemen with 21 (6G, 15A) and best +/- at +12. He went without a point in two games during his first call up to Norfolk from January 12 to 18.
Finally defenseman Ben Blood has been reassigned to the Jackals by the National Hockey League's Ottawa Senators from Binghamton. In his most recent game with Elmira, on January 11, Blood scored his first professional goal in overtime to give the Jackals a 3-2 win over Evansville. The 23 year old rookie has logged 25 games with the Jackals and 13 with Binghamton over the course of the season.
Mark your calendars! The Jackals are back on First Arena ice on Friday, February 8, 2013 to take on the Kalamazoo Wings at 7:05 p.m. The Jackals will be giving away ice scrapers courtesy of First Heritage Federal Credit Union to the first 2,000 fans through the door. Groups of 10 or more are eligible for discounted tickets and preferred seating based on availability.Call 607-734-7825 to book your group outing. Pro-rated season ticket packages are on sale, as well. Season tickets offer the best value for Jackals fans.
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2013
- Komets Edge Eagles, 6-5 - Colorado Eagles
- Kalamazoo's Elgin Reid Scores Twice in 5-3 Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Complete Three Goal Comeback with 4-3 Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans Stun Reading in OT for a Third Time; Win at Home, 3-2 - Trenton Titans
- Jackals Bit By the Wings - Elmira Jackals
- Dee and Beca Power Stingrays Past Evansville 5-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Condors vs. Las Vegas - Cirque Du Condorstown Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Bulls to Wear Sharks-Themed Jerseys this Weekend - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. San Francisco Bulls - Ontario Reign
- Elmira Jackals Game to be Played as Scheduled - Elmira Jackals
- Bulls Complete Season Series against Reign - San Francisco Bulls
- Titans GameDay vs. Reading, February 8 - Game 47 (Home 25) - Trenton Titans
- Condors Sign D T.J. Fast ; Trade Gimblett to Florida for Futures - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - February 8 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo at Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Announce Roster Moves - Elmira Jackals
- Lashoff and Mrazek Increase Number of Former ECHL Players to Play in NHL to 497 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: the Galactic Empire Marches on the Coliseum Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 8 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.