Elmira Jackals Announce Player Transactions
ELMIRA, N.Y. - February 21, 2013 - The Elmira Jackals announced today that they have received goaltender Marc Cheverie on loan from the American Hockey League's Binghamton Senators. Additionally, forward Alex Beauregard has been placed on the 21-day IR and the Jackals have signed forward Tyler Noseworthy.
Cheverie returns to Elmira after Binghamton called him up on February 13 following an injury to Nathan Lawson. The third year pro out of the University of Denver picked up his first AHL win of the season on February 17 with 35 saves in a shootout win over Albany. He is 1-1-0 on the season with a 2.90 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage for Binghamton.
Cheverie has won each of his last three starts with Elmira dating back to January sixth, including a 25-save shutout over Wheeling on February 10. That was his third shutout of the season and set a new Jackals ECHL single-season record. He is 11-9-1 overall for the Jackals with a 2.60 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage.
Beauregard has recorded four points (2G, 2A), a +3 rating, and 22 penalty minutes in 11 games since signing with Elmira on January 21. He was injured in Elmira's 4-1 win in Trenton on February 18.
Noseworthy, a rookie, has spent a majority of the season with Danbury of the Federal Hockey League. With the Whalers he has recorded 50 points (23G, 27A) and 37 penalty minutes in 34 games. He has also logged eight games and one goal with Huntsville of the Southern Professional Hockey League. Noseworthy is a right-handed forward who stands 6-1 and weights 195 pounds.
Mark your calendars! The Jackals are back on First Arena ice on Saturday, February 23, 2013 to take on the Kalamazoo Wings at 7:05 p.m. Join us for Donate Life Night when the Jackals will wear special Donate Life jerseys for the game. A live auction follows immediately after with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Arnot Ogden Medical Center. Groups of 10 or more are eligible for discounted tickets and preferred seating based on availability.Call 607-734-7825 to book your group outing. Pro-rated season ticket packages are on sale, as well. Season tickets offer the best value for Jackals fans.
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2013
- Solar Bears Fall 3-2 to Gladiators in Back-And-Forth Contest - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Battle Back in 3-2 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Earn Season Sweep Over K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Host 13th Annual Tip-A-Condor March 11th - Bakersfield Condors
- Rookie Forward Assigned by Toronto Organization - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Stockton - $1 Hot Dogs, Half-Price Beer, Good Times - Bakersfield Condors
- Foward T.J. Syner Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gwinnett Gladiators - February 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Announce Player Transactions - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Announce Several New Promotions for March - Wheeling Nailers
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo at Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - February 21 - ECHL
- Ontario skates away with three goals in third period; Bunz stops 24 shots - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Blow Past Thunder 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Alaska Breaks Tie Late to Beat Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Alaska Storms Past Utah 5-2 - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.