Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League, announced the Oilers have reassigned right wing Toni Rajala (RIGH-all-ah, TOH-nee) to the Thunder from the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League.
Rajala, 21, should be available to make his return to the Thunder lineup tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. (StocktonThunder.com) against the Las Vegas Wranglers at Stockton Arena.
The 5-foot-10 and 163 pound forward left the Thunder tied for the ECHL lead in goals (11) while posting 23 points in 14 games. He has collected a goal, an assist and a +1 rating in five games with Oklahoma City.
Rajala was named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for Nov. 12-18 when he earned 11 points in four games. He returns to the ECHL with an 11 game scoring streak (11g-12a) intact which dates back to Oct. 20.
The native of Parkano, Finland was selected by Edmonton in the fourth round (101st overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He led Ilves Tampere in Finland (SM-liiga) with 16 goals and ranked second with 29 points in 51 games last season.
Rajala has skated for Finland in the World Junior Championships, managing 10 points in 18 career games (under-20 team).
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the seventh consecutive season in 2011-12. Season Tickets, Group Tickets and Mini-Plans for 2012-13 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.