January 5, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL)
A preview of ECHL games for Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013
Watch Games Live on America One Sports, the "Official Broadband and Mobile Broadcaster" of the ECHL
Trenton Titans (14-13-5) at Wheeling Nailers (14-12-6) 7 p.m. ET
- Trenton's Andy Bohmbach is tied for second with three shorthanded goals.
- Luke Pither leads Wheeling against the Titans with four points (1g-3a).
- Titans are 11-2-3 when scoring first.
- Nailers are tied for third with two shorthanded goals against.
South Carolina Stingrays (15-17-4) at Greenville Road Warriors (20-14-3) 7 p.m. ET
- South Carolina's Ryan Zapolski leads the league with a 1.72 goals-against average.
- Andrew Yogan leads Greenville against the Stingrays with three goals.
- Stingrays are league's fourth-least penalized team with 14.47 penalty minutes per game.
- Road Warriors have scored a league-high 50 goals in the third period.
Reading Royals (23-8-2) at Elmira Jackals (16-14-3) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Barry Almeida leads Reading against the Jackals with four goals.
- Elmira's Andrew Rowe is on a six-game point streak since Dec. 22 (3g-6a).
- Royals are 15-0-2 when scoring first.
- Jackals are 13-2-0 when leading after two periods.
Orlando Solar Bears (14-16-4) at Toledo Walleye (19-13-2) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Orlando's Michael Wilson is tied for second among defensemen with 20 assists.
- Toledo's Ben Youds leads defensemen with 27 points (4g-23a).
- Solar Bears are 10-0-1 when leading after two periods.
- Walleye are tied for second with eight shorthanded goals.
Florida Everblades (15-12-6) at Gwinnett Gladiators (23-12-1) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Mathieu Roy leads Florida with 34 points (13g-21a).
- Rylan Galiardi leads Gwinnett against the Everblades with three goals.
- Everblades are third with 3.61 goals per game.
- Gladiators are first on the penalty kill at 86.9 percent (119-for-137).
Evansville IceMen (12-20-3) at Kalamazoo Wings (13-16-3) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Dylan Clarke leads Evansville against the K-Wings with five points (2g-3a).
- Kalamazoo's Sam Ftorek is fourth among defensemen with 23 points (3g-20a).
- IceMen are fifth on the penalty kill on the road at 85.1 percent (63-for-74).
- K-Wings are 8-1-2 when leading after two periods.
Fort Wayne Komets (17-15-2) at Cincinnati Cyclones (20-10-2) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Fort Wayne's Brandon Marino is third with 30 assists.
- David Pacan leads Cincinnati against the Komets with four points (2g-2a).
- Komets are tied for fifth with four shorthanded goals on the road.
- Cyclones are 11-5-1 against North Division opponents.
Alaska Aces (27-8-0) at Ontario Reign (23-8-2) 6 p.m. PT
- Alaska's Gerald Coleman is third with a .921 save percentage.
- Ontario's Colton Yellow Horn leads the league with 23 goals.
- Aces are fourth with 26.51 shots-against per game.
- Reign are first with 4.00 goals per game.
Bakersfield Condors (8-24-3) at Idaho Steelheads (21-7-5) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Peter Boyd leads Bakersfield against the Steelheads with three goals.
- Idaho's Justin Dowling is second with 44 points (12g-32a).
- Condors are 6-0-1 when leading after two periods.
- Steelheads are 17-1-1 when scoring first.
Utah Grizzlies (13-13-5) at Las Vegas Wranglers (14-14-4) 7:05 p.m. PT
- Utah's Mitch Wahl (5g-6a) and Brad Mills (3g-8a) are both on seven-game point streaks.
- Las Vegas' Joe Fallon is fourth with a 2.33 goals-against average.
- Grizzlies are second on the power play on the road at 22.8 percent (18-for-79).
- Wranglers are second with 32.50 shots per game.
Colorado Eagles (17-15-3) at Stockton Thunder (18-11-7) 7:30 p.m. PT
- Colorado's Jason Beatty leads defensemen with two shorthanded goals.
- Yannick Riendeau leads Stockton against the Eagles with three points (0g-3a).
- Eagles are first on the power play at 25.0 percent (42-for-168).
- Thunder are 13-1-4 when scoring first.