February 8, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL)
A preview of ECHL games for Friday, Feb. 8, 2013
Watch Games Live on America One Sports, the "Official Broadband and Mobile Broadcaster" of the ECHL
Florida Everblades (23-16-8) at Orlando Solar Bears (21-23-5) 7 p.m. ET
- Florida's Mathieu Roy is tied for fifth with 15 power-play assists.
- Orlando's John Curry is third with 17 wins.
- Everblades are tied for second with nine shorthanded goals.
- Solar Bears are 7-2-3 when outshooting their opponent at home.
Kalamazoo Wings (21-20-5) at Elmira Jackals (24-18-4) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Kalamazoo's Joel Martin is second with a .920 save percentage.
- Elmira's Louie Caporusso is on a five-game goal streak since Jan. 21 (7g).
- K-Wings are 13-2-3 when leading after two periods.
- Jackals are sixth with 3.41 goals per game.
Evansville IceMen (17-27-5) at South Carolina Stingrays (23-23-4) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Evansville's Todd Robinson leads the league with 23 power-play assists.
- South Carolina's Ryan Zapolski leads the league with a 1.93 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage.
- IceMen are sixth on the penalty kill on the road at 83.2 percent (84-for-101).
- Stingrays are league's third-least penalized team with 13.74 penalty minutes per game.
Reading Royals (31-12-5) at Trenton Titans (18-23-6) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Yannick Tifu leads Reading against the Titans with nine points (5g-4a).
- Trenton's Mike Ullrich is on an eight-game point streak since Jan. 20 (6g-7a).
- Royals are 21-3-4 when scoring first.
- Titans are first on the penalty kill at 86.2 percent (168-for-195).
Fort Wayne Komets (25-21-2) at Colorado Eagles (23-21-3) 7:05 p.m. MT
- Fort Wayne's Tyler Butler is tied for fourth among defensemen with 112 shots on goal.
- Colorado's Adam Brown is third among rookie goaltenders with a 2.38 goals-against average.
- Komets are tied for second with nine shorthanded goals.
- Eagles are 17-5-0 when outshooting their opponent.
Utah Grizzlies (18-20-6) at Idaho Steelheads (29-12-5) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Utah's Mitch Wahl is on a nine-game point streak since Jan. 6 (4g-11a).
- Matt Case leads Idaho against the Grizzlies with eight points (3g-5a).
- Grizzlies are first with 33.05 shots per game.
- Steelheads have outscored their opponents 97-52 at home.
Las Vegas Wranglers (23-19-5) at Bakersfield Condors (14-32-5) 7 p.m. PT
- Eric Lampe leads Las Vegas against the Condors with eight points (2g-6a).
- Bakersfield's Scott Freeman is on a five-game point streak since Jan. 30 (1g-8a).
- Wranglers are third on the penalty kill on the road at 85.9 percent (73-for-85).
- Condors are 11-1-1 when leading after two periods.
San Francisco Bulls (17-23-6) at Ontario Reign (34-11-3) 7 p.m. PT
- San Francisco's Peter Sivak leads the league with 187 shots on goal.
- Derek Couture leads Ontario against the Bulls with six goals and 12 points.
- Bulls are second on the power play on the road at 23.3 percent (24-for-103).
- Reign are fourth with 2.69 goals-against per game.
Stockton Thunder (24-18-8) at Alaska Aces (32-11-5) 7:15 p.m. AKT
- Stockton's Justin Maylan is tied for second among rookies with 40 points (18g-22a).
- Alexandre Imbeault leads Alaska against the Thunder with five goals and nine points.
- Thunder are third with 32.70 shots per game.
- Aces are 23-0-4 when scoring first.
MOST GAMES PLAYED, CAREER
789 - Cam Brown, 1991-2006 (Baton Rouge, Columbus, Erie, Gwinnett)
771 - Louis Dumont, 1994-2006 (Tallahassee, Wheeling, Louisiana, Augusta, Pensacola, Mississippi, Utah)
697 - Wes Goldie, 1999-2012 (Pee Dee, Victoria, Alaska)
687 - Allan Sirois, 1996-2007 (Baton Rouge, Jacksonville, Pee Dee, Greenville, Texas)
678 - Sam Ftorek, 1998-Present (Mobile, Augusta, Greensboro, Gwinnett, Fresno, Cincinnati, Kalamazoo)
- Rod Taylor, 1991-2003 (Hampton Roads, Richmond, Roanoke, South Carolina, Peoria, Toledo)
Kelly Cup Playoffs Update
Ontario can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Friday if:
Ontario wins AND Bakersfield loses in regulation