ECHL this Week - January 21
January 21, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
The eyes of the ECHL will be on Loveland, Colo. this week as the Colorado Eagles host the 20th ECHL All-Star Game, presented by University of Colorado Health .
Meet the ECHL All-Stars
Meet the Colorado Eagles All-Stars
Tuesday, is the ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by CCM and OtterBox . The ECHL All-Stars and Colorado Eagles will test their skills in six events. Fans can catch all of the action live, free of charge, on America ONE Sports, the "Official Broadband & Mobile Broadcaster" of the ECHL.
As part of Tuesday's Skills Competition, the Stanley Cup and Kelly Cup will be on display during Fan Fest. The Fan Fest will also feature a special Hockey Hall of Fame display, presented by Sutton Special Risk. The display will include artifacts from the Hockey Hall of Fame, interactive games as well as the Conn Smythe Trophy, Vezina Trophy and Norris Trophy.
On Wednesday, the sixth class will be inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame on Jan. 23, 2013 during a luncheon ceremony presented by BFL Canada at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center, the official host hotel of the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game.
Wednesday night, the ECHL All-Stars will meet the Colorado Eagles at 7:05 p.m. MT. The game will be available live on Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Buckeye Cable Sports Network in Ohio, Comcast Sportsnet in California and GCI in Alaska. It will be rebroadcast on Time Warner Cable Sportsnet in Ohio (Jan. 23 at 11 p.m. ET), New England Sports Network (Jan. 25 at 3 p.m. ET) and NHL Network U.S. (Check local listings). Altitude will rebroadcast the game on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 4 a.m. ET and at 3 p.m. ET and on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 1:30 p.m. ET.
The broadcast will also be available online worldwide through America One at www.americaone.com .
This week in ECHL history
As part of the ECHL's 25th anniversary, each week the League will take a look back at important moments in ECHL history.
Jan. 23, 2008 - The inaugural class of the ECHL Hall of Fame is inducted during a luncheon in conjunction with the 2008 ECHL All-Star Game in Stockton. The inaugural class was Henry Brabham, Patrick J. Kelly, Nick Vitucci and Chris Valicevic.
- Dustin Gazley is tied for fourth with 33 assists.
- The Jackals are tied for fifth with three shorthanded goals against.
- Elmira is at Reading on Monday and hosts Trenton on Sunday.
- Adam Comrie is third among defensemen in plus-minus at +21.
- Reading is 16-1-0 in its last 17 home games.
- The Royals host Elmira on Monday and Las Vegas on Saturday and Sunday.
- Stephen Schultz has scored eight of his 13 goals on the power play.
- Trenton is 10-1-2 when leading after two periods.
- The Titans host Las Vegas on Friday and Wheeling on Saturday and are at Elmira on Sunday.
- Scott Darling is ninth with a 2.55 goals-against average.
- The Nailers are tied for third in the league with 16 home wins (16-3-3).
- Wheeling is at Orlando on Monday, hosts Bakersfield on Friday, visits Trenton on Saturday and hosts Cincinnati on Sunday.
- Garrett Wilson has surpassed last year's total with 18 goals.
- The Cyclones 24 wins are the most at the All-Star Break since 2009-10.
- Cincinnati hosts Evansville on Friday and Kalamazoo on Saturday and visits Wheeling on Sunday.
- Aaron Gens has nine points (2g-7a) in his last nine games.
- Evansville has allowed seven goals in its last 14 games.
- The IceMen are at Cincinnati on Friday, host Fort Wayne on Saturday and are at Toledo on Sunday.
- Eric Giosa appeared in his 200th career pro game on Friday against Toledo.
- The Komets are 9-0-0 when leading after one period.
- Fort Wayne visits Evansville on Saturday.
- Sam Ftorek has scored all four of his goals on the power play.
- Kalamazoo is league's second-least penalized team with 13.15 penalty minutes per game.
- The K-Wings are at Toledo on Friday and Cincinnati on Saturday and host Bakersfield on Sunday.
- Nino Musitelli tallied four points (2g-2a) in his first two games with the Walleye.
- The Walleye are third in the league with 12 road wins.
- Toledo hosts Kalamazoo on Friday, Bakersfield on Saturday and Evansville on Sunday.
- Mathieu Roy leads the club with 39 points (14g-25a).
- Florida is sixth with 3.46 goals per game.
- The Everblades host Greenville on Saturday and Sunday.
- Brendan Connolly is on a six-game point streak since Jan. 5 (7g-3a).
- The Road Warriors had a season-high crowd of 5,542 on Saturday.
- Greenville is at Gwinnett on Monday and at Florida on Saturday and Sunday.
- Doug Jones leads rookies with 151 shots on goal.
- Gwinnett is tied for second on the penalty kill at 85.2 percent (144-for-169).
- The Gladiators host Greenville on Monday, Orlando on Friday and Idaho on Saturday and Sunday.
- Michael Neal set a team record with five points (2g-3a) on Thursday against Wheeling.
- The Solar Bears have won five consecutive home games.
- Orlando hosts Wheeling on Monday and visits Gwinnett on Friday and South Carolina on Saturday and Sunday.
- Hunter Bishop leads the Stingrays with 16 goals.
- South Carolina is 16-4-0 when scoring first.
- The Stingrays host Idaho on Friday and Orlando on Saturday and Sunday.
- Mark Guggenberger is third with a 2.28 goals-against average.
- The Aces lead the league with 14 road wins (14-6-1).
- Alaska is at Las Vegas on Monday and hosts San Francisco on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Adam Brown is third among rookies with a 2.50 goals-against average.
- Colorado has recorded 31 of its 43 points on home ice.
- The Eagles host Ontario on Friday and Saturday.
- Austin Fyten has 25 points (7g-18a) in his last 20 games
- The Steelheads tied for fewest home regulation losses with three.
- Idaho is at Utah on Monday, South Carolina on Friday and Gwinnett on Saturday and Sunday.
- Mitch Wahl leads the league with 22 power-play points (5g-17a).
- Utah is second on the power play on the road at 22.2 percent (20-for-90).
- The Grizzlies host Idaho on Monday and visit Stockton on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Scott Greenham is second with 771 saves.
- The Condors lead the league with six shootout wins.
- Bakersfield is at Ontario on Monday, Wheeling on Friday, Toledo on Saturday and Kalamazoo on Sunday.
- Joe Fallon is fifth with a 2.31 goals-against average.
- Las Vegas is 10-5-4 in one-goal games.
- The Wranglers host Alaska on Monday and are at Trenton on Friday and Reading on Saturday and Sunday.
- Mario Lamoureux is tied for first among rookies with five game-winning goals.
- The Reign are second in the league with 7,209 fans per game.
- Ontario hosts Bakersfield on Monday and is at Colorado on Friday and Saturday.
- Peter Sivak is on a six-game goal streak (7g) matching the longest streak in the league this season.
- San Francisco is first on the power play on the road at 24.2 percent (22-for-91).
- The Bulls travel to Alaska on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Justin Maylan is tied for first among rookies with 34 points (15g-19a).
- The Thunder are 16-2-4 when scoring first.
- Stockton hosts Utah on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2013
- Aces Pick up Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss in Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Special Teams Lift Wranglers 3-2 over League-Leading Aces - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Edge Condors 2-1 in Overtime - Ontario Reign
- Boyd Scores Late as Condors Earn Point against Ontario in 2-1 Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- 7,238 Fans See Idaho Hold On - Utah Grizzlies
- Orlando Sweeps Wheeling with 2-1 Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Earn Point in Orlando - Wheeling Nailers
- Idaho Escapes Utah with 5-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Radio Recon to Take the All-Star Breather this Week - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- Jackals De-Throne the Royals - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL this Week - January 21 - ECHL
- Gladiators Fall to Greenville, 4-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- MeiGray Auctions ECHL All-Star Game-Worn Jerseys, Game-Used Pucks and Game-Worn Helmets - ECHL
- Road Warriors Cruise to 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lineups Announced for ECHL All-Star Skills Competition - ECHL
- IceMen Announce Game Date Change in Schedule - Evansville IceMen
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Aces Sign B.J. Crum, Get Wrenn Back from AHL - Alaska Aces
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Wheeling Nailers - January 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hold Second Place at All-Star Break - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Camera Fan, Pack the House Night and Kid's Day Highlight Upcoming Weekend for Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - January 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.