Eberle Scores First Pro Goal
March 29, 2009 - The Springfield Falcons lost to the Portland Pirates 4-3 on Sunday afternoon at the MassMutual Center. Portland built a 3-0 first period lead when they scored three goals in a span of 5:02 with Mathieu Darche opening the scoring, followed by Colton Fretter and Felix Schutz converting for the Pirates.
The Falcons cut their deficit to 3-1 when Cory Urquhart redirected a Kelly Czuy pass to the back of the net at 18:48 of the first period.
The Falcons pulled even in the second period when Bryan Young scored at 5:36, followed by Jordan Eberle scoring his first pro goal at 16:15 of the middle stanza.
After a back and forth third period that featured scoring chances on both ends, Portland went back ahead 4-3 when Tim Kennedy's wrist shot beat Devan Dubnyk at 15:46 of the final frame.
The Falcons played host to the Springfield Sliders Sled Hockey Team after the game with several players getting in the sleds and signing autographs for the kids.
Jordan Eberle has points in all three games he has played collecting 1-2-3 totals this weekend.
Lefebvre - Spurgeon - McDonald Stone - Potulny - Eberle Schremp - O'Marra - Willis Czuy - Urquhart - Benson
Young - Roy Bina - Gabinet Chorney - Wild
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2009
- Hogs pick up big win - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Aeros fall 2-1 in Rockford, remain second in West Division - Houston Aeros
- Chops gain a point, but edged in a shootout by Flames on Sunday - Iowa Chops
- Curry sets single season win mark in 1-0 shootout against Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms gain rapidly Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Flames top Chops in shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Secure West Division Title - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sharks bite Bruins 4-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Eberle Scores First Pro Goal - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Drop Second Straight to Phantoms, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins clinch seventh straight postseason appearance - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hartford Wolf Pack Transaction Update - Connecticut Whale
- Filatov Helps Propel Crunch Past Toronto - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Strike Early To Beat Sound Tigers, 5-3 - Albany Devils
- Minnesota Wild recalls Kolanos, Khudobin; Aeros sign Henderson - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall To Sharks 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Three goals from Sound Tiger defensemen not enough at Lowell beats Sound Tigers 5-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kennedy Scores Late as Pirates Win 4-3 Over Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs fall to Moose, 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose sweep Bulldogs, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Recalls Dan Jancevski From Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals fall to Chops in Shoot-out - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.