Dynamo Defender Jermaine Taylor Signs Contract Extension
HOUSTON, TX (Monday, Feb. 4, 2012) -- The Houston Dynamo today announced a contract extension for defender Jermaine Taylor. Per team and league policy, details of the contract were not disclosed.
"The Dynamo is now a home for me, and I wanted to be even more comfortable as a player and someone to move the Dynamo forward," said Taylor. "My health and my comfort are what I care about, and I look forward to being with the Dynamo for the next few years.""
Taylor, 28, appeared in 27 games (26 starts) for the Dynamo in 2012, and started four playoff games as the club reached the MLS Cup Final. The Portland, Jamaica native has 64 caps with the Jamaica national team and is on the roster for its CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Mexico on Wednesday. The versatile defender played every position along the Dynamo back line in 2012, starting 16 of the club's final 19 regular season games.
"Jermaine is a good player," said Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear. "He is a good center back and is very versatile. I am glad he decided to sign up for more years and we expect good things out of him this year and beyond."
Taylor is a fixture for the Jamaican national team, playing 90 minutes in each of the Reggae Boyz' last four World Cup qualifiers, helping Jamaica reach the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The 5-foot-10 defender joined the Dynamo in February 2011 from St. George's SC (Jamaica).
The Dynamo open the 2013 season on Saturday, March 2 when they host D.C. United at 7 p.m. at BBVA Compass Stadium in a rematch of the 2012 Eastern Conference Championship.
Dynamo full-season ticket packages start at $400 and include 20 home games. The club is also offering a new Family Season Ticket Package for the 2013 season. For every full price adult season ticket purchased for $400, fans can purchase an additional season ticket for a child 10 years or younger for just $200, located in the Texas Children's Health Plan Family Section (Section 201). To purchase your package or for more information on 2013 season tickets, call (713) 276-GOAL.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 4, 2013
- Whitecaps FC Take 1-0 Preseason Decision over Arizona Sahuaros - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Loses 0-2 to UC-Irvine in Preseason Friendly - Real Salt Lake
- Back with the Galaxy in 2013, Juninho could not be happier - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- RSL MF Javier Morales Undergoes Successful Menisectomy - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez named to the U.S. National Team - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Tickets for First Half of D.C. United's 2013 Season to Go on Sale Saturday - D.C. United
- Change of Location for Tomorrow's Chivas USA Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Red Bulls Acquire Allocation Money from FC Dallas for Forward Kenny Cooper - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Defender Jermaine Taylor Signs Contract Extension - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Acquires Forwards Kenny Cooper and Eric Hassli - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Face Two MLS Opponents in Preparation for 2013 Season - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Announce Two Changes to 2013 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Acquire Conditional MLS SuperDraft Pick for Hassli - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Acquire Midfielder Dilly Duka from the Columbus Crew - Chicago Fire
- Crew Acquires Dominic Oduro from Chicago Fire - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Goalkeeper Sean Johnson Named to U.S. Men's National Team Squad - Chicago Fire
- Three Sounders FC Players Called in for World Cup Qualifier - Seattle Sounders FC
- Matt Besler and Graham Zusi Selected to USMNT - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Midfielder Brad Davis Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for Wednesday's World Cup Qual - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.