Dynamo Announce Contract Extensions for Midfielders Brad Davis and Adam Moffat, Goalkeepers Tally Ha
HOUSTON, TX (Wednesday, December 12, 2012) -- The Houston Dynamo today announced contract extensions for midfielders Brad Davis and Adam Moffat, and goalkeepers Tally Hall and Tyler Deric. Per team and league policy, details of the contracts were not disclosed.
"I am very happy that these four players decided to re-sign and stay in Houston," said Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear. "It makes us a stronger team for many years to come."
"All four of these players are key pieces to our team," said Dynamo president Chris Canetti. "It's great to know that we have them secured under contract into the future. I look forward to watching them perform and contribute in 2013 and beyond."
Davis, 31, has been with the Dynamo since the club arrived in Houston in 2006. The left-footed midfielder is the club's all-time leader in games, starts, and assists and was voted the team MVP for the fourth consecutive season in 2012. Davis set a career-high with eight goals in the regular season and recorded his fourth straight season with at least 12 assists. The 2011 MLS MVP runner-up was also named to his fifth All-Star team in 2012.
Moffat, 26, joined the Dynamo in July 2011 in a trade from the Portland Timbers. The Scotland native set career-highs with 22 starts and three assists in the regular season. The central midfielder has started all ten playoff games since his arrival and scored a sensational goal from 30 yards against Sporting Kansas City in the first leg of the 2012 Eastern Conference semifinals. Moffat also assisted on Calen Carr's goal in the 2012 MLS Cup Final.
Hall, 27, has excelled since gaining the starting goalkeeper position at the start of 2011. After making the All-Star team in 2011, Hall set an individual franchise record with 12 regular season shutouts in 2012. The Gig Harbor, Wash. native also set a franchise record with 67 consecutive regular season starts to earn successive Dynamo Ironman of the Year awards. The San Diego State product helped lead the Dynamo to the MLS Cup Final in 2011 and 2012 with a 6-3-1 mark as a postseason starter, with three shutouts.
Deric, the first Dynamo academy player signed to a homegrown contract, helped guide the Dynamo to a 2-0-2 record in the CONCACAF Champions League to finish atop Group 3 and advance to the quarterfinals, set for March 2013. The Klein High School product also helped the Dynamo Reserves to the MLS Reserve League Central/Mountain division crown, collecting four shutouts and posting a 6-2-1 record with a 1.1 goals against average.
Major League Soccer Stories from December 12, 2012
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Success at Showcase Underlines Academy's Growth - New England Revolution
- The pride of South Central: Oscar Sorto - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Justin Mapp Re-Signs with the Impact - Montreal Impact
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire 2013 Second Round SuperDraft Pick for D Ike Opara - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Trades for Defender Ike Opara - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Announce Contract Extensions for Midfielders Brad Davis and Adam Moffat, Goalkeepers Tally Ha - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Acquire Third Overall Pick, Goalkeeper Bendik and Allocation Money from Portland - Toronto FC
- Chivas USA and Portland Timbers Trade Positions in MLS Allocation Ranking - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Timbers Acquire Ryan Johnson, Milos Kocic from Toronto FC - Portland Timbers
- Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "Chelis" Named Chivas USA's New Head Coach - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Matt Besler to New Contract - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.