Dragons Go Down Under with New Pitcher
Dayton, OH - The Cincinnati Reds have filled the Dayton Dragons available roster spot by reassigning RHP Wayne Lundgren from the Sarasota Reds of the Florida State League to the active roster of the Dragons. Lundgren will face one of his former Midwest League teams during the Dragons current road trip at the Swing of the Quad Cities. Lundgren spent parts of two seasons in the MWL with Peoria in 2004 and Quad Cities in 2005.
Cincinnati is the third organization for Lundgren, who hails from Baulkham Hills, Australia. He was originally signed in 2000 by the Boston Red Sox, before moving to the St. Louis organization in 2004. Lundgren was signed by the Reds after his release by the St. Louis Cardinals. The right hander will be available for the Dragons Monday night for the opening game of the four game series with the Swing of the Quad Cities at John O'Donnell Stadium.
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2006
- Bees Bats Bust Out to Beat Wizards - Burlington Bees
- Devil Rays take down Timber Rattlers in ten - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- Lugnuts continue to roll - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Lose Second Straight - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Score Early and Late in 6-2 Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Groce leads Devil Rays past Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Swing drop opener to Dayton - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons back on track with 6-3 win in series opener - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings lose another low-scoring affair - Clinton LumberKings
- Whitecaps defeat Cedar Rapids 5-3 - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Shields, Cougars blank South Bend - Kane County Cougars
- Rangers First Rounder Mayberry Comes to Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Go Down Under with New Pitcher - Dayton Dragons
- Phelps Promoted to Daytona, Rayborn Joins Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps comment on injuries - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.