Dragons Game Notes for June 20
West Michigan Whitecaps (42-26) at Dayton Dragons (27-41)
RH Mark Sorensen (1-2, 3.15) vs. RH Curtis Partch (4-5, 5.20)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) host the West Michigan Whitecaps (affiliate of the Detroit Tigers) in the third game of a four game series. Season Series: West Michigan 3, Dayton 3.
Dayton on this Home Stand: 3-3
Votto: Cincinnati Reds first baseman Joey Votto has been added to the Dragons roster on a rehabilitation assignment. Votto is on the Reds disabled list and has not played since May 29th. Votto is batting .357 with eight home runs and 33 runs batted in with the Reds this season. He has appeared in 38 games. Votto played for the Dragons in 2003 and 2004.
About West Michigan: The Whitecaps trail Fort Wayne by one and one-half games with two to play in the East Division first half race. However, they have clinched a playoff berth...The Whitecaps are 21-12 on the road...They are 11-8 in the month of June.
Last Game: West Michigan defeated Dayton 6-0 on Friday night to even the series at one win apiece. Mike Gosse had three hits and Billy Nowlin hit a solo home run for West Michigan while starting pitcher Casey Crosby and two relievers combined on a three-hitter. Josh Ravin pitched well but took the loss, working seven innings and allowing three runs (two earned) with two walks and four strikeouts.
Today's Dragons Starting Pitcher: Curtis Partch makes his 13th start of the season for the Dragons tonight. Over Partch's last five starts with the Dragons plus a spot start with Double-A Carolina, he is 4-2, 3.44. Partch was hit hard in his last start, marking the first time he had allowed more than two runs in any start since May 15th. He took the loss Monday vs. Lansing (5 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 8 SO). Partch returns to the Dragons after going 5-11, 5.00 with the club in 2008 when he spent the entire season and post-season on the Dayton active roster. Partch is a native of Merced, California and played at Merced Junior College. He was drafted by the Reds in the 26th round in 2007. Partch finished strong in 2008, posting a 2.78 ERA over his final 10 games (four starts) over the last six weeks of the season. Partch was the Reds Pitcher of the Year in their 2008 Florida Instructional League program.
Midwest League Stories from June 20, 2009
- Hicks Impressive in Split Double Dip - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Clinch First-Half Title With Sweep - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- TinCaps, Hawks Halted Early By Rain - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bandits win game two to split doubleheader - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Win 5-3 Saturday and Eliminated From Playoffs - Peoria Chiefs
- Drama in Dayton - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Record Crowd Sees Votto Homer, But Dragons Lose - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars split DH, clinch playoff spot! - Kane County Cougars
- Hawks Fall Twice More to TinCaps - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Loons Make It a Perfect Ten - Great Lakes Loons
- Hatch Haunts Lugnuts in 6-4 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kane County gets the split - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Drop Third In a Row to Peoria - Burlington Bees
- Game One Goes To Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Former TinCap Blanks makes MLB debut - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons announce additional roster moves - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Game Notes for June 20 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels clinch playoff berth - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.