Dorados Make Statement On Quincy Carter Arrest
HIDALGO, TEXAS --- The Rio Grande Valley Dorados of arenafootball2 (af2) today issued a statement regarding the arrest of former Dorado Quincy Carter on Feb. 27, 2009, in Mission, Texas.
"Quincy is no longer a Dorado and we feel it is inappropriate to make any further comment on his arrest," Dorados General Manager Grant. W. Buckborough said.
Carter had been assigned to the team in December. On Tuesday, af2 officials announced that players who were active with Arena Football League teams after May 1, 2008, will be ineligible to play in af2 this season, effectively severing his ties with the Dorados. Carter started the last three games of the regular season for the Kansas City Brigade in 2008. The AFL suspended operations for the 2009 season but is expected to return in 2010.
The Dorados return to Dodge Arena for their sixth season of af2 action. The team's home opener is on Saturday, April 18, vs. Bossier-Shreveport. The regular season begins on the road on Saturday, March 28, at Corpus Christi.
Season tickets are available now by calling 956-843-7825.
arenafootball2 Stories from February 27, 2009
- Milwaukee Iron Reminders for Monday, March 2, 2009 - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Former Memphis Standout Kevin Prentiss Named af2's Top Kick Returner of All-Time - af2
- af2 Training Camps Open this Weekend - af2
- Firecats Add Three Quarterbacks To 2009 Camp Roster - Florida Firecats
- Dorados Make Statement On Quincy Carter Arrest - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Vipers Announce Another Round Of Open Tryouts - Alabama Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.