Devils Trade for Shane Connelly
Trenton, NJ - The Trenton Devils have acquired goaltender Shane Connelly in a trade with the South Carolina Stingrays for future considerations. The announcement was made by Albany and Trenton General Manager Chris Lamoriello.
Connelly, 23, joins the Devils in the midst of his second professional season, having played with Elmira and South Carolina earlier this season, and Johnstown and South Carolina in 2009-10. Appearing in 47 ECHL games, the Cheltenham, PA native has a record of 18-18-8, including four shutouts which all came as the Stingrays goaltender last season.
Connelly played four seasons of collegiate hockey at the University of Wisconsin (WCHA) from 2005 to 2009 where his career goals-against average (2.39), save percentage (.913), and shutout total (eight) each rank top five in Badgers history. Recording 19 of his 41 career victories as a senior in 2008-09, Connelly also won three games as a freshman backup during Wisconsin's run to the NCAA Championship in 2005-06. Prior to college, Connelly played junior hockey for two seasons with the Chicago Steel (USHL) where he posted a record of 34-30-4 in 74 appearances. The 5-9, 180-lb. goaltender was born March 16, 1987.
Trenton visits the Wheeling Nailers Thursday before returning home Saturday to face the Reading Royals at Sun National Bank Center at 7:00 p.m.
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2010
- Road Warriors Wallop Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Scorch Devils - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Dominated by Greenville, 7-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Trade for Shane Connelly - Trenton Devils
- Wranglers Announce Roster Moves - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Nailers Acquire Forward Poli from Gladiators - Wheeling Nailers
- Urquhart Recalled; Lord Loaned to Milwaukee - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Trade Connelly to Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Trade Poli to Wheeling - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wranglers Extending Reach in Community - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Mouillierat Named ECHL's Rookie of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Activate Kilburg, Sorteberg; Host Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho's Mouillierat Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Announce Roster Additions - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Faceoff: Nailers Vs. Devils - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gill Returns From Sharks - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kassian and Della Rovere Increase Number of Former ECHL Players to Play in NHL to 451 - ECHL
- Toledo Walleye Receive Three Players from Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Stanley Cup Visit to Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Relaunches Hall of Fame Website - ECHL
- ECHL Today - December 2 - ECHL
- Pitton's 29 saves boost Stockton back into first place in Pacific Division - Stockton Thunder
- Salmon Kings Fall to Thunder in Shootout - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors Hold on to Beat Reign - Ontario Reign
- Condors defeat Reign in offensive showdown, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Devils Angle Past Walleye, 4-2 - Trenton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.