Defenseman Phil Oreskovic Returns to the Walleye for 2013-14
Toledo, OH - Defenseman Phil Oreskovic (Oh-res-ko-vick)has agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the 2013-14 season.
Oreskovic appeared in 68 games with Toledo this past season, setting career highs in assists (13), and points (14). The native of North York, Ontario, collected his 600th career penalty minute while with the Walleye on March, 3 vs. Evansville. Oreskovic has skated in a professional total of 363 games with 617 penalty minutes.
"Phil is a strong, tough, physical defenseman," Head Coach Nick Vitucci said. "We saw last year what an outstanding hockey player he is. The bonus is what a great person he is off the ice and the amazing leadership qualities we saw from him a year ago. "
Drafted in the third round of the 2005 NHL Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs, Oreskovic appeared in 10 games with the team that drafted him during the 2008-09 season. He collected a goal and assist with 21 penalty minutes while skating with the Maple Leafs. Oreskovic was the 400th ECHL player to skate in the NHL.
Prior to his professional career, the 6'3", 245 pound defenseman skated in 254 games in the Ontario Hockey League. He collected seven goals, 41 assists and 592 penalty minutes between Brampton and Owen Sound.
Don't miss a minute of the action. Toledo Walleye game plans are on sale right now. Single game tickets go on sale Saturday, August 10 at 11 a.m. Get yours by calling 419-725-WALL or online atwww.toledowalleye.com. The Toledo Walleye play all of their home games at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. You can catch every Walleye hockey game live on Fox Sports radio 1230 and all 72 home games live on BCSN.
ECHL Stories from August 6, 2013
- Thunder Re-Signs Right Wing Ryan Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Add Three to 2013-14 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brett Beebe Will Make Professional Debut in Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Agree to Terms with Finucci - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Phil Oreskovic Returns to the Walleye for 2013-14 - Toledo Walleye
- Former DU Pioneer John Ryder Returns Home to Join Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Nailers Announce Preseason Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Net Championship Goaltender John Muse - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Rookie Forwards Marc Zanette and Ryan Santana - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.